Re: Waiting List query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

averjut

Post by averjut »

Hi,
My DS has got 229 and has not been offered a place in KES Stratford. Who should I contact to find out his position on the waiting list? Can some one guide me?
Many thanks,
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

You will be able to get some info when all the allocations are out from the LEA - tomorrow you will get more of an idea as to how close to the cutoff you are.
averjut

Post by averjut »

Thanks. The waiting game is on I suppose.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Do remember that the "real waiting list" won't be firmed up till after the deadline for acceptance has passed - until they know who has accepted or rejected, any wait list position will be very fluid!
Chuggabug

Post by Chuggabug »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Do remember that the "real waiting list" won't be firmed up till after the deadline for acceptance has passed - until they know who has accepted or rejected, any wait list position will be very fluid!
Just had email through and it states:
AUTOMATIC ACCEPTANCE For this year of entry, Warwickshire County Council will be operating an automatic acceptance process with regards to the secondary school offers. This means that the school place which has been offered to your child will be automatically accepted on your behalf and there will be an expectation that your child will start at the school offered in September 2017. There is nothing further you will need to do at this stage and the school concerned will contact you directly in the Summer term with further information.

This presumably is designed to speed up second round offers/waiting lists as there's no waiting for acceptances, but surely there's a risk here that those taking up independent school places may not realise they have to actively decline the LEA offer (as previously you had to actively accept it)? Therefore many places may appear to have been taken up when there's no intention for child to attend? Admittedly, I scanned to bottom of email to check the result and didn't read the small print at first so many might miss this - especially if they have no intention of taking up the offer!

What do those of you who've been around here longer think? Could this have a big impact?
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

We are hoping for waiting list so pretty devastated to hear this. I would imagine lots of people who have decided on private / alternative schools will simply not respond.
averjut

Post by averjut »

That's very true. I called up the council admissions and they said they will know the waiting list status only after 13 th of March.
Not many people will know that v have to actively decline places if v don't need them isn't it!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It is an interesting change...I can see that it has both positives and negatives...it might possibly mean a slower waiting list. Hopefully those taking up private schools will respond, rather than ignore - I assume that when the secondary schools contact children to invite them to induction/transition days, if a child does not then attend, hopefully the school/LEA will chase up.
um

Post by um »

That is a badly thought through policy imo.

Unfortunately some parents can be rather selfish and if they can hold on to a place, they may well hold on to it.
I have plenty of experience of parents doing this many times without any thought for the children waiting for that place - it just doesn't occur to them!

Induction Day is in July and yes, offers may be made when children do not turn up, but that means the waiting list child has missed the open day and has been told far later than they could have been.
hadi12

Post by hadi12 »

Hi please if any one help my son got 215 and I have put LSS as late application out of area as live in Leicester . What are my chances please.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now