Results being emailed this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Here_goes

Re: Results being emailed this year

Post by Here_goes »

sportsforall wrote:
Here_goes wrote:We're out of area so I think we only get a ranking out of all children/girls. I'm going to have to rely on this forum to try and figure out where dd sits in terms of the South. It does seem like an interminably long time ago that they sat the test. I think I'm going to be like a cat on a hot tin roof this time next week....
We are also OOC so will rely on others to give me some ranking information. I went through this last year as well ... if you think the wait for results for long, think about how long it is until 1st March ;-)
Blimey, doesn't bear thinking about... one hurdle at a time then. Tackle postman, open letter, scratch head, wait for others on here to help make sense of it, apply (hopefully), and........wait.
neuralc

Post by neuralc »

I wish they'd start the letter with a simple table listing all the schools and you child's chances: "in/chance/no chance".
Ashu

Post by Ashu »

I have been dreaming about the results day - or should I say having nightmares..
its so hard to spend a day without thinking what will it be - its real anxiety all the time for me....
daddyof2

Post by daddyof2 »

Is there a sample or previous year's results letter with the details removed that some one could post to give an idea of what to look for. Reading some of the posts, I feel like as soon as I open the result I need to be on the board here to make sense out of it.

I was excited about the email - as I could have opened it up at work while dc was at school and have the day to digest it before breaking the good / bad news to dc. now it looks like I will be on tenterhooks all day at work untill I go home and find the post :roll:
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Focus on the ranking given for the gender of your child and the particular area you are interested in.

For eg your child ranked 75th out of all boys in the Southern Area.

The score is irrelevant as the rank is the important bit - the AQS for the school's are carefully set at around the rank score which would fill their PAN. In my above e.g. Your son would have a very good chance at KES Stratford if you listed it first on your CAF as he has already ranked well below their PAN of 87 so, even allowing for up to 10 PP places, if everyone ranked above him wanted KES, he should get a place.
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

I hope the board gets nice and busy on results day. Warwickshire seems quite a quiet forum so it would be nice if there is a lot of activity with people posting their results/ranking next week.
neuralc

Post by neuralc »

Ashu wrote:I have been dreaming about the results day - or should I say having nightmares..
its so hard to spend a day without thinking what will it be - its real anxiety all the time for me....
yeah me too.
Here_goes wrote:I hope the board gets nice and busy on results day. Warwickshire seems quite a quiet forum so it would be nice if there is a lot of activity with people posting their results/ranking next week.
I hope so too - previous years' posts have helped me a lot to understand how it all works.
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

Nearly had a coronary when I saw that the Royal mail are going on strike for 48 hours. Thankfully from 19th of October! Phew!
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

In case it hasn't been said already we don't actually get the AQS until March 1st which complicates things if your score puts you on the cusp of the pan or if you are out of county.

Unfortunately on October 16th parents will in three categories.
1. Those who are confident their DC will get into GS.
2. Those who realise their DC will not get into GS.
3. A sizeable group for whom the agony continues until March 1st.
daddyof2

Post by daddyof2 »

Just received an email from WCC saying they are unable to email results this year and it will be posted on Friday the 13th first class and we should receive it by Monday 16th.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now