Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
AlinaP

Transport to Shottery Girls Grammar lift/share

Post by AlinaP »

Hi everyone,

Another bus failure!

I wonder if someone is driving their children from Coventry South/Kenilworth/Leamington Spa to Shottery?
We transferred our child mid-year after house move, but busses failed us! I would love to find someone to share these duties!

I would appreciate any advice as well, I already checked Ridleys, Johnsons, and Warwickshire City Council routes. It is a desperate situation!
JamesDean

Re: Transport to Shottery Girls Grammar lift/share

Post by JamesDean »

DS's friends get the public Stagecoach bus from Leam. I believe there is also one which goes from Cov through Kenilworth.

HTH,

JD
AlinaP

Post by AlinaP »

Thanks for your response. I did check Stagecoach from Leamington, it is 1,5 in the bus + 20-30 min to get child to the bus stop from Cov. I wonder how families, especially students, survive spending 4 hours in the bus each day leaving them something like 12 hours a day at home :roll:
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

I would hope that none of them do, that would be horrendous! No child should be put through that, there must surely be more local options??

JD
Only1nickyt

Post by Only1nickyt »

The stagecoach bus from the parade in leamington is 45 mins, not 1.5 hours?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Only1nickyt wrote:The stagecoach bus from the parade in leamington is 45 mins, not 1.5 hours?
Coventry to Leamington Spa by train, then bus and a short walk seems to take an hour and a half all-in, assuming that the school day doesn't start before 8.35?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
AlinaP

Post by AlinaP »

Only1nickyt wrote:The stagecoach bus from the parade in leamington is 45 mins, not 1.5 hours?
Thanks for that, but...
I printed out x18 time table and according to it bus leaves 7:11 and arrives at Shottery 8:40. Am I looking at the wrong bus route?
There are two school buses 288 & 289, but these are not operated by stagecoach and are full.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Aren't there a whole raft of boys who go to KES from Warwick Gates area?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Yamin151 wrote:Aren't there a whole raft of boys who go to KES from Warwick Gates area?
Raft? I know there is a river there but that is a very novel way of getting round the bus issues. :wink:
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Amber wrote:
Yamin151 wrote:Aren't there a whole raft of boys who go to KES from Warwick Gates area?
Raft? I know there is a river there but that is a very novel way of getting round the bus issues. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a wonderful thought. Very bracing and character building, excellent stuff!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now