2017 results 2018 entry Discussion

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Moguie

Re: 2017 results 2018 entry Discussion

Post by Moguie »

My thoughts are 2000 warks kids split fairly equally girl and boy with a slight increase on boys.

The 900 = approx 1/3 of the total therefore take 1/3 off your ranking? Then dud i read that it was about 70% southern circle and 30%eastern or have I made that up? I just know if I was taking this test I would have failed!!!!!
Ashu

Post by Ashu »

Finally submitted the CAF with all 6 choices... did not opt for walsall/wolverhampton schools as hubby said NO finally :-)
so hoping she gets into RHS.... :wink:
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

Me too. Finally all this anxiety and worry is over ....till National Allotment day.
Our choices - KES, AGS, LSS, Ashlawn S, North Leamington school, Southam.

Fingers crossed. Our kids have done their bit..Proud Mom!!
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

Just spoken to our LEA and mentioned the fact that you guys have 6 options to put down and No word of a lie they came out in a hot sweat over it!!!!! 3 options is bad enough they said!!!!
Ashu

Post by Ashu »

Moguie wrote:Just spoken to our LEA and mentioned the fact that you guys have 6 options to put down and No word of a lie they came out in a hot sweat over it!!!!! 3 options is bad enough they said!!!!
Are you saying that should not have filled all 6 choices?
I just used all preferences....:-)
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

Ashu wrote:
Moguie wrote:Just spoken to our LEA and mentioned the fact that you guys have 6 options to put down and No word of a lie they came out in a hot sweat over it!!!!! 3 options is bad enough they said!!!!
No not at all. We are Leicestershire and only have the option/space on list to put names of 3 schools down for selection processes. The lady just thought 6 was a bit over-kill!!!
Ashu

Post by Ashu »

Moguie wrote:
Ashu wrote:
No not at all. We are Leicestershire and only have the option/space on list to put names of 3 schools down for selection processes. The lady just thought 6 was a bit over-kill!!!
To be frank, i was out of ideas after Choice 4, just filled as had to fill it. The worst part was that DD was just not interested in anything except the first choice, after that she said you fill as you wish.... :-(
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

You don't need to fill it all in - we used 2 spaces for DS and only 1 for DD! She point blank refused to go anywhere else, good job she got a place! :lol:

Good luck with your choices. Try to forget about it once the button is clicked - I know that's much easier said than done ...

JD
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

JamesDean wrote:You don't need to fill it all in - we used 2 spaces for DS and only 1 for DD! She point blank refused to go anywhere else, good job she got a place! :lol:

Good luck with your choices. Try to forget about it once the button is clicked - I know that's much easier said than done ...

JD
I don't think its a good suggestion.
This surely is not applicable for scores that are either borderline cases or in between. I don't foresee any issues in highlighting choices. Neither it's an overkill.
I went by suggestion of using all 6 options and choosing them in my order of preference (of course considering Rank that you hold.)
daddyof2

Post by daddyof2 »

Cov also like Leicestershire only has 3 options, so I filled in the 3rd one a local comp as a failsafe.