2017 results 2018 entry Discussion

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kenyancowgirl

Re: 2017 results 2018 entry Discussion

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Varsha2017 wrote:
JamesDean wrote:You don't need to fill it all in - we used 2 spaces for DS and only 1 for DD! She point blank refused to go anywhere else, good job she got a place! :lol:

Good luck with your choices. Try to forget about it once the button is clicked - I know that's much easier said than done ...

JD
I don't think its a good suggestion.
This surely is not applicable for scores that are either borderline cases or in between. I don't foresee any issues in highlighting choices. Neither it's an overkill.
I went by suggestion of using all 6 options and choosing them in my order of preference (of course considering Rank that you hold.)
In your case Varsha2017 it was essential that you filled in most of your choices as some of the ones at the beginning might be a problem in terms of the score and the cut off. I know James Dean and their DS and DD - their DS was guaranteed a place at his first choice school (he had scored and ranked very very highly and when he applied, ranks within particular Warwickshire areas were given, so there was more information). The second choice was just a back up.

With their DD, she wanted to go to her local school, not a GS, and met absolutely all the entry requirements so was guaranteed a place here.

We always say put a school you are absolutely guaranteed to get on your CAF at at least position 6 as we don't know what the situation will be with the GS cut offs. James Deans DD knew that the absolutely guaranteed school was the only one she wanted to go to, so she only had one choice to list.
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

Why the council's don't standardise their application system across the country I have no idea!!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

The system is standardised - the equal preference system.

The number of choices on the CAF are not - this is due to the vast number of variables in certain areas (London for example) and also how many choices there were historically - and other factors that I cannot remember currently!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now