scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ems

scores

Post by ems »

same problem as some of the other contributors - no letter yet so have phoned warwickshire admissions (they will give you the score over the phone but no rank info). Son has scored 218. trying to fathom from other posts what likely rank might be and hence what chance of AGS. maybe via wait list? if anyone has similar score and knows their rank I would be grateful to know any info!
TiaMarr

Re: scores

Post by TiaMarr »

218 scores 866 out of all children (2930) all children taking and ranked with 25 other children.

Hope this helps. Without the southern priority area it is difficult to decide whether this is a high enough school. I am trying to see how many children took the test in 2015 and 2014 when the AQS was lower (and so was the PAN)!
Wonky

Post by Wonky »

Obviously no guarantees but if you are in the southern circle I'd be cautiously optimistic of my chances of getting a place at AGS with 218 and that ranking based on previous overall rankings. I'd certainly have it top of my CAF is that where you want.
DucatiFan

Post by DucatiFan »

TiaMarr - we share the same desire about AGS - my DD also scored 218 / 866 all / 438 all girls.

From frantic data mining I can see that the 2016 exam was taken by 2694 and AQS for AGS was 213, 2015 exam taken by 2847 and AQS was 217. Can't find 2014, but think the AQS was 214.

This year 2930 took it so assume AQS will jump back up, but it would need to jump up to 219, or 6 points, to rule us out - never seems to have been so much upward movement in the past but.......

Fingers tightly crossed.
TiaMarr

Post by TiaMarr »

I thought:

2016 Entry - 2015 Exam AGS AQS 217 (my eldest did that and also got 218 so got a place that year!)
2015 Entry - 2014 Exam AGS AQS 210
2014 Entry - 2013 Exam AGS AQS 214

Which does show a jump between 2015 and 2016 of 7 points. I cannot find data for number of pupils taking the exam though to see if that explains things. I know 2016 Entry Exam saw 2847 children taking the exam, the following year this figure dropped to 2694 and the AQS dropped back to the 213.

I hope, like you, that my numbers are wrong though! I do know more children took the exam this year (2930). Data trawling all afternoon!
Wonky

Post by Wonky »

The number of people taking it is relatively immaterial. It's the number of people above you and the ranking that is key. It's more nebulous now that we don't have the southern circle rankings but if you look at the 'all' ranking of the AQS last year it should give you some 'catious optimism'
ems

Post by ems »

thanks for your replies and info, sorry about the delay in coming back . (hadnt meant to post it as a new thread earlier, meant to just be part of that scores thread, was having an IT moment!!) thanks again.
DucatiFan

Post by DucatiFan »

TiaMarr - you are correct that the AQS for 2015 intake was 210, but that was based on a PAN of 120. That was also the year that the PAN increased to 150 which explains, at least in part, the 7 point jump to 2016 and 30 extra places. The higher the number of available places, the lower the AQS.

Perhaps a glimmer of hope then....
TiaMarr

Post by TiaMarr »

Yes, of course, thank you DucatiFan! You are making my glimmer shine a little more hopefully!

Thanks Wonky. With no Priority Area scores this year it is so difficult. I am struggling to find the 'All' rankings, comparisons for previous years, people only seem to quote the Southern Priority Area rankings.

At least DS is happy to have scored the same as her elder sister - who LOVES AGS!
Wonky

Post by Wonky »

TiaMarr wrote:Yes, of course, thank you DucatiFan! You are making my glimmer shine a little more hopefully!

Thanks Wonky. With no Priority Area scores this year it is so difficult. I am struggling to find the 'All' rankings, comparisons for previous years, people only seem to quote the Southern Priority Area rankings.

At least DS is happy to have scored the same as her elder sister - who LOVES AGS!
Last year a score of 215 came 886 of all and the AQS was 213 - not sure what 213 ranking of all was but I'd estimate 30 pupils per point around there so a ranking of 950 ish got you in.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now