Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:26 am 

Hi we are new in UK. Pls guide -

My son has secured 228 as score with 275 rank in Boys.

We reside in Leamington Spa and based on Equal Preference System (https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ce-system#) are we right in assuming that we should indicate order preference based on where we want him to study?
So although changes of KES is slim we can go for KES, AGS,LSS, Ashlawn in that order??
Any help is highly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:33 am 

agnihimanshu wrote:

We reside in Leamington Spa and based on Equal Preference System (https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ce-system#) are we right in assuming that we should indicate order preference based on where we want him to study?
So although changes of KES is slim we can go for KES, AGS,LSS, Ashlawn in that order??

That is correct if that is your order of preference, if he doesnt make the cut off for KES, he will be offered AGS and put on waiting list for KES.

Also see this post from KCG
viewtopic.php?p=641824#p641824

Last edited by daddyof2 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:37 am 

agnihimanshu wrote:

I would also pick one non-grammar that you are definitely in the catchment for as 'last resort option'. The last thing you want is to be shifted across town to a school you would not accept.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 am 

agnihimanshu wrote:

Just a reminder, you asked this yesterday and were told the same thing yesterday - and said that you understood it yesterday - and the rules have not changed since yesterday...!!! This is what I told you yesterday:

THE EQUAL PREFERENCE SYSTEM, OPERATED BY ALL COUNTY COUNCILS, MEANS EXACTLY THAT - ALL YOUR SCHOOL CHOICES ARE EQUAL PREFERENCE.

List the school you would most like to go to first
List the school you would like to goto second and so on

If you do not meet the criteria for the school you listed first (for example because you did not score highly enough) then your second choice school will be looked at AS IF IT WAS YOUR FIRST.

That is is. No games. No second guessing. Nothing. Just the equal preference system which has been described over and over again.

If you want to know about living outside the priority area and how that works, please look at warwickshire County Council's website - this is the same one you would have looked at to apply for the 11+ test in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:52 am 

Milkfloat wrote:
agnihimanshu wrote:

I would also pick one non-grammar that you are definitely in the catchment for as 'last resort option'. The last thing you want is to be shifted across town to a school you would not accept.

Yes sure. thanks for the advice. So out of 6 his last 2 options will be non-Grammar schools in LSpa.
Bit worried this time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:58 am 

Why are you worried?

The AQS last year for KES was 232 with a w/l of 225+; the AQS for AGS was 213 with a w/l or 208+; the AQS for LSS was 209, with a w/l of 205+...for all of these, with the exception of KES, you are comfortably above with a score of 228, so even if it goes up 10 marks, you are still above AGS score, and well above for LSS, and are, I think in the Southern Priority area. If you list two comprehensives - at least one of which you are guaranteed a place in, in Leamington as well, you will have covered all bases.

Stop faffing and just make sure you fill in your CAF and submit it before the end of October!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:55 am 

kenyancowgirl wrote:
Why are you worried?

The AQS last year for KES was 232 with a w/l of 225+; the AQS for AGS was 213 with a w/l or 208+; the AQS for LSS was 209, with a w/l of 205+...for all of these, with the exception of KES, you are comfortably above with a score of 228, so even if it goes up 10 marks, you are still above AGS score, and well above for LSS, and are, I think in the Southern Priority area. If you list two comprehensives - at least one of which you are guaranteed a place in, in Leamington as well, you will have covered all bases.

Stop faffing and just make sure you fill in your CAF and submit it before the end of October!

Big Thanks. Sometimes all you need is reassurance. Will proceed as advised.
Much appreciated!!