Bus from Kenilworth to SGGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sleepypete

Bus from Kenilworth to SGGS

Post by sleepypete »

Hi,
Have just discovered this forum in the last week or so and have found so much useful information. Wish I'd discovered it earlier. My DD scored unexpectedly well in the recent exam and has a very good chance of getting a place at SGGS. Can anyone tell me how easy it is to get a space on either the WCC bus or private bus from Kenilworth to SGGS? I had presumed it was straightforward but suddenly occurred to me that it might not be. Doing the exam seemed the major hurdle in itself. Is it a bit of a lottery? I will find it very difficult to get her to SGGS everyday myself due to work and younger siblings in local primary schools, I am now having big wobbles about putting it 1st on my CAF if there are no guarantees of transport. Thanks in advance for your help.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Bus from Kenilworth to SGGS

Post by kenyancowgirl »

You may find the information about the buses here - sorry I haven't got time to look through them all for you. I assume you haven't looked at this at all?

http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/schoolbustimetables" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It also allows you to look at public bus services - which are a little more flexible possibly. Be aware that buses do change each year, either routes or times, though.

Maybe someone from Kenilworth will pop on soon and tell you how they do it!
Wonky

Post by Wonky »

Depending where you are in Kennilworth the 16a may also be an option, you can get it on the Leamington side of the Kennilworth road south of the A46. These are public transport so no problem getting a place (provisioned for the Stratford schools so full of KES and Shottery pupils)
sphynx

Post by sphynx »

We are wondering the same thing about travel from Coventry to SGGS after a good result. Have you been to the school yet? Wondering if they will have any helpful suggestions or info.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now