Anyone have past data on waitlist offers made ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DucatiFan

Anyone have past data on waitlist offers made ?

Post by DucatiFan »

Folks - there are some seriously knowledgeable and data-rich people in this forum and wondered if anyone had easily available data on how far below the AQSs places ended up being offered for those with the nerve and patience to sit it out ? Personally am only interested in SGGS, but others may find any data here interesting, if not guaranteed of generating an offer.

Last year the SGGS AQS was 220, but can't find a lower successful wait list position from a quick thread trawl.
The AGS AQS was 213, and I can see that a 209, maybe even a 208, made it by September.

As posted, my DD2 scored a 218 and received an AGS place offer (2nd choice) this morning, but as it now looks like 221 is this year's AQS for SGGS I am beginnning to wonder if she may sneak a place - especially as I could throw a snowball (today anyway) into the school from our home !

Also, do siblings in school count as nudging up the lists, or is it purely location and points ? DD1 is currently in SGGS hence my interest.

Thanks for any insight.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Anyone have past data on waitlist offers made ?

Post by kenyancowgirl »

No SGGS is purely on ranked score - siblings make no difference. Distance comes into play for people on the same score though. The problem with waiting list info is that basically it is irrelevant. What happened last year makes no odds for this year - there could be one offer or 100 offers off the w/l as it purely depends on what people who have been made offers do.
DucatiFan

Re: Anyone have past data on waitlist offers made ?

Post by DucatiFan »

Thanks as always for the insight. Understand that last year is not a proxy for this, but historical trends can at least indicate possibilities. Am guessing there will always be a degree of movement each year, just no clue what level at SGGS, only AGS.

Have now got our letter from Warks, and it says that selective schools waiting lists not open until March 12th, and nothing on the letter to indicate any auto population of lists - so I will need to call them up to check after the 12th.

More waiting time........
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now