Warks admin errors this year?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kenyancowgirl

Re: Warks admin errors this year?

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Until we know where the fault is, it is possibly unfair to blame Warks - it could be the "sharing" county issue, as in past years. Notwithstanding, it does need to be sorted - school Academies are paying for an Admissions service from WCC and are now in the very real position of probably having to take quite a few over PAN on appeals due to the mess - this has a very real impact on resources and space, let alone the educational experience of every child in the school.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I feel the fault does lie with Warks.

They are saying they haven't received results from bham, yet they are sending letters with the results on!

This suggests they have received the results and have sent the appropriate letters out with the scores on. I don't know what the next procedure is after this, but this is where the problem seems to be occurring.

They do need to review how they deal with the sharing of scores to ensure this number of errors does not happen again.

Hopefully all children will have a happy outcome. I will keep my fingers crossed.

For those who may have had their AGS place retracted, there may be a little light at the end of the tunnel - my niece and 1 other on the forum, who have now received their AGS offers, are on the waiting list for King Edward's Five Ways (their first choice school) i am fairly confident that both of these children will receive offers from FW (1 definitely) so this in turn will allow 1 or 2 places to become available at AGS.

Offers have to be accepted today and bham waiting lists will be available from 26th march, but i think there may be offers made next week, so watch this space!
MelanieMac

Post by MelanieMac »

Thank you - yes we were resolved as well.
A bit bittersweet though seeing as though places have been rescinded.
I agree, perhaps time for a process review for next year. Particularly as I will be going through it with DS2!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now