Transportation to RHS from Whitnash

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fatnorville

Re: Transportation to RHS from Whitnash

Post by Fatnorville »

Rugbymumto2 wrote:Hi MSK,

I used to live very close to RHS and work at Tachbrook Park and the public transport between the two was non existent then so don't be surprised if it hasn't improved. The school isn't totally out on a limb though, the buses are on http://www.rugbyhighschool.co.uk/page/? ... ts&pid=101 I haven't checked them but my DD catches a bus laid on by WCC at almost £800 per term for 4 miles, the school arranged ones are £700. Hopefully you can find a way to get her there, if not, house price here are way cheaper then Leamington so you'll likely be able to upsize!!
£800 per term for a bus! Please say that is a typo. That is ridiculous.6
Rugbymumto2

Post by Rugbymumto2 »

Fatnorville wrote:

I used to live very close to RHS and work at Tachbrook Park and the public transport between the two was non existent then so don't be surprised if it hasn't improved. The school isn't totally out on a limb though, the buses are on http://www.rugbyhighschool.co.uk/page/? ... ts&pid=101 I haven't checked them but my DD catches a bus laid on by WCC at almost £800 per term for 4 miles, the school arranged ones are £700. Hopefully you can find a way to get her there, if not, house price here are way cheaper then Leamington so you'll likely be able to upsize!!
Yes!! Sorry - per year :oops: :shock:
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

Rugbymumto2 wrote:
Fatnorville wrote:

Yes!! Sorry - per year :oops: :shock:
:lol:

Our bus from home to lutterworth ~4 mile journey is £500
gemgem

Post by gemgem »

MSK wrote:@Moguie, yes we are considering relocating.
Rather jumping in to conclusion, wait and hope for the best from SGS waiting list. September is long way away and things can change by then. If nothing works out, then make the decision best suits you that time. Good luck.
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

Have you been to both the grammar schools in the day to check what your daughter thinks to them?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now