High scores, no offer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MelanieMac

Re: High scores, no offer

Post by MelanieMac »

Yes, we have also had it reconfirmed by email it should be sorted by Friday.
Good luck everyone, let’s hope we can celebrate this weekend instead :D
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

When we had our initial letter before test we had been wrongly inputted on system as put of area. I noticed it on the letter we received and got them to correct it on the system I think this is the reason why we have received a place. Have you checked your paperwork to make sure your not down as out of area?

It's appeared on this most recent letter too but it is correct on system as I have checked.
MelanieMac

Post by MelanieMac »

Yes that bit is correct- we’ve wrongly been marked down as late.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Latest update about niece:-

Warks emailed yesterday to ask for their patience.

They are at the point of contacting the school to sort out the errors. They say they need to remove the issues with legislation.

Have said over phone not to worry, it will be sorted and they will be contacted on Friday.

Looks like it is all in hand and as they said issues & errors (both plural) sounds like they might be dealing with a few cases at the same time.

I'm guessing the legislation part is what to do about the people who shouldn't have been offered places. Do they go over PAN and hope some places are turned down, or do they withdraw the incorrect offers?
MelanieMac

Post by MelanieMac »

Just had an email....all sorted. A place at KES has been confirmed. :D
Not sure about bubbles, need Tequila!!

Good luck to everyone else waiting for news, I hope it comes soon xx
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

nervousmom wrote:Latest update about niece:-

Warks emailed yesterday to ask for their patience.

They are at the point of contacting the school to sort out the errors. They say they need to remove the issues with legislation.

Have said over phone not to worry, it will be sorted and they will be contacted on Friday.

Looks like it is all in hand and as they said issues & errors (both plural) sounds like they might be dealing with a few cases at the same time.

I'm guessing the legislation part is what to do about the people who shouldn't have been offered places. Do they go over PAN and hope some places are turned down, or do they withdraw the incorrect offers?
At least they have been honest with you as when I called to make sure our info was correct as letter stated that we were out of catchment when we are not I said I wanted to confirm with them as I was concerned our place could be withdrawn when they sort the places that have been missed the w9man said she was unaware of any errors!!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Melanie, that's excellent. Now breathe and relax!!!

Well done to your son.
Hillybilly4

Post by Hillybilly4 »

Hi Melanie, great news :D Did they contact you and if so by what means ? Fab news once again !
MelanieMac

Post by MelanieMac »

Hi - via an email.
I expect people will hear at slightly different times depending on the school turnaround times in making the decision. Hopefully everyone will hear by tomorrow though x
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Still no offer and no admission of any errors!

Apparently they are in the process of contacting those children who shouldn't have received places!

Although I don't see why this should stop the correct offers going out.