Results Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pgm

Results Day

Post by pgm »

All of the information we've received says that test results will be sent out w/c 18 Oct. I wonder if anyone knows from previous years, does this mean we will receive the results on 18 Oct, or that they will be put into the post on that day? Seems like such a long wait, and I think knowing for sure the day we we're going to receive them would help. Thank you!
Mamabear84

Re: Results Day

Post by Mamabear84 »

I don’t know as I think when my son did it we were given a specific results day rather than a ‘from’. But just to say in case you didn’t know - if you applied through the online portal you’ll get the results in the portal rather than having to wait for the post. I remember logging in before I even got out of bed that day!
Kns

Post by Kns »

I’ve just looked at my emails from results day 2 years ago. I was registered on the portal and got an email on the Monday mid morning to say I could view them. Not sure how it works with postal results though.
del

Post by del »

It was different last year because everything was late due to covid, but we received the results (on the portal) on the day they said we would receive them. Postal applications would receive their results by second class mail posted I assume on the Monday of that week.

Unless your child has a really high score (somewhere in the high 240s for boys and high 230s for girls) then there is still the nervous wait until the school places are announced in March. I think it took everyone by surprise last year how much the AQS (Automatic Qualifying Score) had increased from previous years. Whether that was an anomaly due to the unique circumstances of last year remains to be seen.

I can't emphasise enough how nervous the wait is between October and March. Even though your child may have done extremely well, all sorts of things go through your head in that time...
Mamabear84

Post by Mamabear84 »

I know what you mean. My first child scored 250+ and I still didn’t relax till that offer was in and accepted, which seems silly now but I just couldn’t take it for granted.

Saying that, the AQS for RHS didn’t change at all last year and none of our nearest ones have ever changed by more than a few points at the very most.
rsparma

Post by rsparma »

Hello everyone.
Can I ask what the aqs was for the grammars last year, I just assumed it would be 210 for LSS as that’s what it has been the years before.
Also, is anyone able to shed light on what the score eg 210 is actually out of. I know it’s a standardised score but there must be a maximum ?
Good luck to everyone, hoping the lead up to results day will be smooth.
WarksMum

Post by WarksMum »

rsparma wrote:Hello everyone.
Can I ask what the aqs was for the grammars last year, I just assumed it would be 210 for LSS as that’s what it has been the years before.
Also, is anyone able to shed light on what the score eg 210 is actually out of. I know it’s a standardised score but there must be a maximum ?
The score ‘formula’ is a tightly kept secret by the exam provider. The data available is this:
https://api.warwickshire.gov.uk/documen ... 03847-2531" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and this:
https://api.warwickshire.gov.uk/documents/WCCC-699-941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(I can’t find any data for 2020.)

Based on the above, my guess is that there are 300 points possible, but this is my own personal guess.
WarksMum

Post by WarksMum »

del wrote:It was different last year because everything was late due to covid, but we received the results (on the portal) on the day they said we would receive them. Postal applications would receive their results by second class mail posted I assume on the Monday of that week.

Unless your child has a really high score (somewhere in the high 240s for boys and high 230s for girls) then there is still the nervous wait until the school places are announced in March. I think it took everyone by surprise last year how much the AQS (Automatic Qualifying Score) had increased from previous years. Whether that was an anomaly due to the unique circumstances of last year remains to be seen.

I can't emphasise enough how nervous the wait is between October and March. Even though your child may have done extremely well, all sorts of things go through your head in that time...
Sadly, I think the scores will only go up again. :shock: I think what we’ve seen is the Solihull pupils getting squeezed out of the Birmingham grammars after they reduced their catchment areas, resulting in more Solihull applicants seeking places in Warwickshire instead. I believe this is compounded by all of the new housing estates being built—I’ve seen them going up in Alcester, Stratford, Leamington, etc. Every time I drive somewhere new, I see yet another housing estate going up. The children moving into all of these new developments need school places! I don’t see how the AQS won’t go up again.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

rsparma wrote:Hello everyone.
these are the AQS and waiting list scores in () for the last 2 years - it was 210 for LSS for the last 2 years but can change
nervousmom wrote:AQS and waiting list scores

2021 2020

KES 240 (230) 234 (226)
SGGS 224(218) 223(217)
AGS 221(215) 217(211)
LSS 210(205) 210(206)
RHS 210(205) 211(205)
AS 210(205) 210(206)
rsparma

Post by rsparma »

Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated