After accepting what next, a letter from school?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nlfh

Re: After accepting what next, a letter from school?

Post by nlfh »

Just spoke with Worcestershire who suggested I speak direct with KES. KES has confirmed my child's name is on their list and letters/packs went out at the back end of the week and to make contact if this information is not received within a few days. They did confirm the induction day is 3rd July.
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

sportsforall wrote:We received a letter directly from RHS on Friday with a uniform list, date of induction etc.

I wonder if LSS might get their bums in gear and write to us then?! Would be sooooo nice to actually have something from them!
AndyV

Post by AndyV »

SGGS said that Letters would be going out the first week after Easter.
daddyof2

Post by daddyof2 »

Interesting. We haven't received anything from KES yet. We are Coventry LA. We did receive an email from Warks asking whether we had accepted a place or not. Will probably call KES tomorrow to find out.
sphynx

Post by sphynx »

sportsforall wrote:We received a letter directly from RHS on Friday with a uniform list, date of induction etc.
Nothing here from RHS. Good to know something might turn up though!
gillw

Post by gillw »

When our daughter started at SGGS 3 years ago, we received a welcome pack which contained info around the uniform and forms to complete such as personal details, data protection etc.. Also, there was an invite to a Parents welcome evening & an induction day for your daughter, both are usually in June.

Things may have changed a little of the last couple of years, but hopefully it will give you an idea.

Hope you daughters enjoy SGGS as much as ours does!
AndyV

Post by AndyV »

Phoned the school Friday, revised estimate for the letters is early May, they didn't even have the list yet from Warwickshire LEA.
I phoned the LEA and they checked the list for me so at least I know now that Worcestershire have passed the info to Warwickshire! :-)
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

Thanks AndyV. I have also done the same following your advice. I am a tad nervous following the recent shenanigans. Happy to report that dd is definitely on WCC's list.

WCC also think that the induction day will be 3rd July, which is when the induction days for KES and AGS are (according to the schools' online calendars). SGGS calendar shows 27th June but I think that might be a hangover from last year (in 2017 the induction day was 27th June - according to their website). I am more than happy to wait for the official paperwork though (now that I am confident we are on definitely on the list!).
Dentvin

Post by Dentvin »

We have had email from AGS this afternoon - DD is very excited! Postal correspondence will follow in a few days
nickmill

Post by nickmill »

Just had an e-m@il from AGS (letter to follow in post). Lots of new starter information incl induction dates. Parents and pupils induction evening is July 2nd. Pupils induction day is July 3rd. Starting to feel a little more real now!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now