Waiting lists - current status Warwickshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nervousmom

Re: Waiting lists - current status Warwickshire

Post by nervousmom »

Message for those on AGS waiting list -

Niece still holding her AGS place, but has moved from 50th to 2nd on KEFW waiting list!

Will keep you posted
ElsieM

Post by ElsieM »

Appeals were heard yesterday for places at KES Stratford. Think there were 10.
Wondered how this fits into the allocation round next week? If there is currently a free place due to be allocated next week do any successful appeals take priority over who is next on the waiting list or are appeal places over and above any normal wait list movement?
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

niece has her place at KEFW, offered today.

AGS place will be declined tomorrow.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

ElsieM wrote:Appeals were heard yesterday for places at KES Stratford. Think there were 10.
Wondered how this fits into the allocation round next week? If there is currently a free place due to be allocated next week do any successful appeals take priority over who is next on the waiting list or are appeal places over and above any normal wait list movement?
We have been hanging on to WL#1 in KES for quite some time now. Not sure but if successful appeals take priority then it is a further set back. Dangling in b/w a confirmed place and our 1st preference is an uneasy situation.
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Varsha2017 wrote:
We have been hanging on to WL#1 in KES for quite some time now. Not sure but if successful appeals take priority then it is a further set back. Dangling in b/w a confirmed place and our 1st preference is an uneasy situation.
Uneasy but very privileged when there are people with only a wait list position and not #1.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

sportsforall wrote:
Varsha2017 wrote:
Uneasy but very privileged when there are people with only a wait list position and not #1.

apologies but not sure why I am reminded of this again and again. Of course privileged as we have a confirmed seat but it should also be acknowledged that it leaves us hanging and not being able to decide on Next steps wholeheartedly ...not knowing where he will go is also distressing.
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Perhaps best to focus on the place you do have, prepare what you can for AGS. If you get a place at your first choice it will be a bonus.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Agreed. If it is that distressing then I suggest you could easily solve your disquiet by removing yourself from the KES waiting list and embracing the place you do have! If any appeals are granted, then the school will go over PAN to accommodate them. This could then have an affect on the w/l as the school would be allowed to wait till it was at PAN before offering again. Bear in mind that the school already increased PAN by 3 so if any appeals are granted, it is already physically full.
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Agreed. If it is that distressing then I suggest you could easily solve your disquiet by removing yourself from the KES waiting list and embracing the place you do have! If any appeals are granted, then the school will go over PAN to accommodate them. This could then have an affect on the w/l as the school would be allowed to wait till it was at PAN before offering again. Bear in mind that the school already increased PAN by 3 so if any appeals are granted, it is already physically full.
I think what ever place you are on waiting list is distressing. #1 is probably the worst place to be this far down the line. If son wants to keep trying to get in to his first choice then let him keep.his options open till with he choses to close the door on the waiting list or it is closed for him. I would say more of a poisoned chalice rather than privelidged from a parent wanting to get what they deem as either preferred or best for their child.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I think first is worse in a way!

Niece was 50th on WL for KEFW. Then suddenly down to 12th, then gradually creeping up the list.

Last Monday she went to first place, you're then constantly checking phone and waiting for the call. She only had to wait until Thursday.

From niece's point of view though it was unsettling because she didn't know if she was going to be at AGS or KEFW . She was teased at school for not knowing where she was going to be!

However, the Bham lists move more than the Warks ones, so we knew she would get a place, it was just a matter of when!

Varsha, it's a difficult one for you and I know it's unsettling being in 'limbo'. I would suggest you get all the paperwork back to AGS by 13th May(?) and try to forget about it for a while (difficult I know)

It will only become an issue when you need to buy uniform and there's no point doing this anyway until the summer holidays.

At the end of the day, your DS will still be going to a GS, which is what some children can only dream of!

My niece's parents are both teachers , brother in law is a secondary school teacher. Sister in law knows some of the AGS teachers and both would have been extremely happy for niece to go there (niece wanted FW as my DD is there)

Good luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now