Waiting lists - current status Warwickshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Moguie

Re: Waiting lists - current status Warwickshire

Post by Moguie »

nervousmom wrote:I think first is worse in a way!

Niece was 50th on WL for KEFW. Then suddenly down to 12th, then gradually creeping up the list.

Last Monday she went to first place, you're then constantly checking phone and waiting for the call. She only had to wait until Thursday.

From niece's point of view though it was unsettling because she didn't know if she was going to be at AGS or KEFW . She was teased at school for not knowing where she was going to be!

However, the Bham lists move more than the Warks ones, so we knew she would get a place, it was just a matter of when!

Varsha, it's a difficult one for you and I know it's unsettling being in 'limbo'. I would suggest you get all the paperwork back to AGS by 13th May(?) and try to forget about it for a while (difficult I know)

It will only become an issue when you need to buy uniform and there's no point doing this anyway until the summer holidays.

At the end of the day, your DS will still be going to a GS, which is what some children can only dream of!

My niece's parents are both teachers , brother in law is a secondary school teacher. Sister in law knows some of the AGS teachers and both would have been extremely happy for niece to go there (niece wanted FW as my DD is there)

Good luck!
What I would add to that is if your D'S does not get a place by the beginning of term then please remove him from the waiting list. Personally although you could keep him on there till December I would remove the threat of pulling out of ags for a place as this could be detrimental to his settling in to secondary in the long term. Good luck x
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

Moguie wrote:
nervousmom wrote:I think first is worse in a way!

Niece was 50th on WL for KEFW. Then suddenly down to 12th, then gradually creeping up the list.

Last Monday she went to first place, you're then constantly checking phone and waiting for the call. She only had to wait until Thursday.

From niece's point of view though it was unsettling because she didn't know if she was going to be at AGS or KEFW . She was teased at school for not knowing where she was going to be!

However, the Bham lists move more than the Warks ones, so we knew she would get a place, it was just a matter of when!

Varsha, it's a difficult one for you and I know it's unsettling being in 'limbo'. I would suggest you get all the paperwork back to AGS by 13th May(?) and try to forget about it for a while (difficult I know)

It will only become an issue when you need to buy uniform and there's no point doing this anyway until the summer holidays.

At the end of the day, your DS will still be going to a GS, which is what some children can only dream of!

My niece's parents are both teachers , brother in law is a secondary school teacher. Sister in law knows some of the AGS teachers and both would have been extremely happy for niece to go there (niece wanted FW as my DD is there)

Good luck!
What I would add to that is if your D'S does not get a place by the beginning of term then please remove him from the waiting list. Personally although you could keep him on there till December I would remove the threat of pulling out of ags for a place as this could be detrimental to his settling in to secondary in the long term. Good luck x

Thanks Moguie, nervousmom, sportsforall & kenyancowgirl for inputs.
We will fill the AGS paperwork by 11th May.

On details like locker etc. which school has asked to confirm asap we will not be highlighting any thing now as not sure whether it is refundable. School Uniform etc will have to wait till last. Bus seat we will like to grab even if we intend to wait for his WL position as I believe its same bus for KES, AGS from LSpa. (we can't take chance here even if it is non-refundable).

I have been to both schools and spoken with Parents of both schools and have been assured that both are wonderful schools with great teachers. Just that son is keen on KES as he has many friends there.

thanks for the help. Much appreciated!!
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

I have some great news to share.
Finally we have Admissions mail today morning that they now have seat to offer in KES for my son.
He was placed WL#1 for long.

This means somebody will gain from us leaving our AGS offer. Delighted for them and fingers crossed for
Parents waiting next.
Thanks to this Forum for such great help and support.
ElsieM

Post by ElsieM »

Varsha2017 wrote:I have some great news to share.
Finally we have Admissions mail today morning that they now have seat to offer in KES for my son.

This means somebody will gain from us leaving our AGS offer. Delighted for them and fingers crossed for
Parents waiting next.
Hi Varsha that is great news!
I had heard yesterday through a friend of a friend that a family were moving to America so giving up a place but thought we might be affected by any appeal places offered so it's great that it hasn't.
Did you call Warwickshire to find out or did they contact you?

I assume we are now taking over your number one spot but will phone to check.

Good Luck at KES in September!
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

ElsieM wrote:
Varsha2017 wrote:I have some great news to share.

Parents waiting next.
Hi Varsha that is great news!
I had heard yesterday through a friend of a friend that a family were moving to America so giving up a place but thought we might be affected by any appeal places offered so it's great that it hasn't.
Did you call Warwickshire to find out or did they contact you?

I assume we are now taking over your number one spot but will phone to check.

Good Luck at KES in September!
Thanks and Best of Luck!!
I got a mail from Warwickshire School Admissions today Morning which I then towards Afternoon rechecked
by giving them a call.
ElsieM

Post by ElsieM »

Update....

Called Admissions and found out we were number one then got a call back 15 minutes later to say they could offer us a place too!

I was speechless - off to pick up my son from school now with the good news!
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

ElsieM wrote:Update....

Called Admissions and found out we were number one then got a call back 15 minutes later to say they could offer us a place too!

I was speechless - off to pick up my son from school now with the good news!
Great news!! and Congratulations.
Dremma

Post by Dremma »

Congratulations Varsha and ElsieM - really great news! See you at the induction evening. We’ve had our interview with the Headmaster which went well and was just a general chat about DS’s interests ( sport mainly!) and any worries he may have. He’s also chosen the instrument he wants to learn in Y7 but I’m sure you’ll both receive an information pack soon.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

Dremma wrote:Congratulations Varsha and ElsieM - really great news! See you at the induction evening. We’ve had our interview with the Headmaster which went well and was just a general chat about DS’s interests ( sport mainly!) and any worries he may have. He’s also chosen the instrument he wants to learn in Y7 but I’m sure you’ll both receive an information pack soon.

thanks Dremma. When is the induction evening planned?
Dremma

Post by Dremma »

Induction evening is 11th June at 7pm - the boys are expected to go along too.