LSS appeal next 8th May

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kenyancowgirl

Re: LSS appeal next 8th May

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I also think you need to be VERY careful throwing out allegations about nepotism, unless you have some absolute proof...it could get you in some hot water.

I assume you have appealed for the twin who did not get a place?
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

The RHS policy says pretty much exactly the same as LSS.

The Committee will consider the descending score order and the number of children applying for
each school (living within the priority area and who registered before the closing date) and set the
Automatic Qualifying Score as close to the planned admission numbers for the schools as possible.

Consider - they have leeway there.

Closing date - application for the test, application for school place, proof of address? It doesn't specify.

When I read the revised admission arrangements I felt OOA had greater chances of success as the number of places for category two grew.

I think that they have built sufficient 'wooliness' into this for it not to be quite as straightforward as the top 276.

I would not want the main argument of my appeal to be based on this.
federusa

Post by federusa »

Final Information

Of course I don't rely on this to support my appeal! I just collect all I can about my son academic background. Thanks good the twin help me because they have identical results in all subject at school (even the lower one got better result than the top one) but in a subject of the test he did nearly 25% less points. With the letter from teacher (working above expected level, etc), matching results, etc the Panel can see it may have been a slight lost of concentration. It took him nevertheless to 209.75 (I know rounded to 209) so the chances for my twin as individual are quite high.

What I want to do is share this information because no matter what we need to probe the Committee didn't follow the right proceeding in order to get a chance in the first appeal.

By the way for year 2016 extrapolating result to 210 (2018) or to 207 (2016) it came as close as possible as the real number of "Oustider"
in each case.....too much a coincidence.

Just saying....
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

federusa wrote:Final Information

Of course I don't rely on this to support my appeal! I just collect all I can about my son academic background. Thanks good the twin help me because they have identical results in all subject at school (even the lower one got better result than the top one) but in a subject of the test he did nearly 25% less points. With the letter from teacher (working above expected level, etc), matching results, etc the Panel can see it may have been a slight lost of concentration. It took him nevertheless to 209.75 (I know rounded to 209) so the chances for my twin as individual are quite high.

What I want to do is share this information because no matter what we need to probe the Committee didn't follow the right proceeding in order to get a chance in the first appeal.

By the way for year 2016 extrapolating result to 210 (2018) or to 207 (2016) it came as close as possible as the real number of "Oustider"
in each case.....too much a coincidence.

Just saying....
If you are suggesting that your 2 normally work on the same level with pretty much the same results at school it might be worth considering that the 11+ exam us not the same as school working. It uses different skill set that are not measured at school.

If you are suggesting that the lack of concentration should be taken in to account then so should my daft sons results be altered to reflect that in his moment of concentration drop he thought he had finished a section and when starting the next section had a bit if a shock to find he had 3 more pages he could have worked on rather than stopping.

If not any of the above then sorry...and good luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now