Best Grammar school in Warwickshire for various streams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
solimum

Re: Best Grammar school in Warwickshire for various streams

Post by solimum »

I guess if you want historic buildings and surroundings then KE Stratford is the obvious choice - if rather focussed on the Shakespearean era...
DC17C

Re: Best Grammar school in Warwickshire for various streams

Post by DC17C »

kenyancowgirl wrote:+1 with DS2 nervousmom....he loved History but the sheer volume of information that has to be memorised, regurgitated and analysed for GCSE has really put him off the subject, even though he has one of the best teachers in the school. There is no way he will consider it now and I know lots of boys thinking the same way - such a shame that the changes have all but destroyed the subject.
Yes..English literature rather did that for me a long time ago....I would have thought the point of studying history is to understand what has happened in the past and learn the lessons from it...being able to regurgitate a bunch of dates and facts..can be impressive but can seem a bit pointless...but those skills may transfer to other subjects in the future if you are in an occupation where you really need quick access to certain information to facilitate your decisions.....I guess it does show a capacity to take in information and retain it......some will retain it longer term...others will forget it as soon as they can