KES- New Year 7 Parents' Evening

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
daddyof2

KES- New Year 7 Parents' Evening

Post by daddyof2 »

We have got the New Year 7 Parent's Evening at KES this evening. What should we expect from this meeting? Any thoughts and previous experience would be greatly appreciated please.
ElsieM

Re: KES- New Year 7 Parents' Evening

Post by ElsieM »

This is very much a gentle introduction to the school.
You get a pack with the things they need to know for the first few weeks.
Which tutor group and house they are in, what uniform sports kit you need, what you need in your pencil case etc.
Talks from Head, Head of Lower school and pastoral from what I can remember.
Chance to meet boys from your current local area who are going (when we went 2 years ago they put signs up round the room for areas like Warwick, Leamington etc so at the end you could go over and meet parents and boys who might be on the same bus)
There is then a standard evening a few weeks into the start of term where they get more serious about home work, behaviour etc.
I have a son in year 8 and one starting this year. Someone organised a couple of get togethers in the park at Stratford in the school hols which was a nice chance to meet up before they started so perhaps we can do something similar. I know another Mum with a second son starting this year so I will talk to her about what we could do this year.

All very exciting!
nlfh

Post by nlfh »

We are going as well this evening and did wonder if the boys needed to be in school uniform? Also do they need to be in school uniform on Induction Day?
Dremma

Post by Dremma »

We are going this evening too and I had planned on DS changing into casual clothes for it. I’m sure there is no need for uniform. Not sure about the induction day but I’m sure you can ask this evening.
daddyof2

Post by daddyof2 »

Thanks All. I hadn't even thought about whether DS needed to be in uniform today, just assumed it would be casuals. Hopefully meet some of you down there.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

You will also have representatives of the PTAs there - you can purchase the kit that they sell, or at least have a look at it before you order on line (this is separate from the uniform that you get from the formal supplier). (Take cash/cheque books for this!) There will be further opportunities to buy kit at the second hand sale 9both new and old) and also online, which will be ready for you at the Standards Evening in September.

The Standards Evening in September repeats a lot of the informaton you are given tonight (as by then you will be able to assimilate a lot more) and sets out the absolute standard they expect from you all.

It is a bit warm for it....!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now