Ashlawn MFL

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
GSHopeful

Re: Ashlawn MFL

Post by GSHopeful »

Thank you so much for your reply. You’ve helped no end with giving us a bit of an insight into the likelihood of my dc getting in. I really appreciate you taking the time to share xx
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

I have received my son’s MFL results.

He scored 419 which is 59th percentile. It says that last year the qualifying score was 424.

I’m actually quite surprised by his result as he only realised at the end that he’d missed a whole page of questions.

Ashlawn isn’t even on our list but I hope this info helps others.
Seraphina

Post by Seraphina »

Does anyone know how many took the MFL this year and last year? Don't want to phone the school again as I've spoken to the same woman three times in the last couple of days!!
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

In case it's useful in working out statistics, a score of 452 is 96th percentile. Still would be useful to know out of how many entrants though.
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

I’m thinking the MFL AQS is going to shoot up. A quick search on here tells me that last year my son’s score would have placed him on the 74th percentile. This year the same score is 59th percentile!

This has me worried about the eleven plus qualifying score now.
Olog08

Post by Olog08 »

My son scored 458 putting him in 98th percentile. He scored highly in 11+ and his preference is for LSS. I imagine there will be others in a similar position too.
Seraphina

Post by Seraphina »

I phoned the school and they said they couldn't tell me how many took the test. Woman at the school probably thinks I'm nuts, as I've phoned a few times in the last couple of days!
Angelshark99

Post by Angelshark99 »

Centralperk wrote:I have received my son’s MFL results.

He scored 419 which is 59th percentile. It says that last year the qualifying score was 424.

I’m actually quite surprised by his result as he only realised at the end that he’d missed a whole page of questions.

Ashlawn isn’t even on our list but I hope this info helps others.
My son scored 435 and is in the 79th percentile. He scored very highly in sections 1, 3 and 4 but only got 59% in section 2 - I believe this was the rhyming words part which he said he found easy. He told me when he came out that he had had plenty of time left over to check all his answers and I am now wondering if this is because he also left a page out?

Centralperk, do you know which section your son left the page out in? It would be interesting to us if it was in section 2. My son didn't score well in the 11 plus therefore grammar isn't an option for my son. I am not sure whether we could appeal to Ashlawn for an MFL place, but if we can, I wonder whether we could ask them to check the answer sheet and whether they would take this into account if he did?

Sorry for rambling post...any views appreciated!
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

Hi. He did ok on section 1, lowest was section 2 and then he scored quite high on sections 3&4.

I think with my son, as well as missing out the one page, he just didn’t want to do it! he sat the 11+ the previous weekend and he was quite confident in how he’d done and he always wanted to go to Sheriff. I convinced him he had nothing to lose doing it and it could be another option.

Thankfully and fingers crossed his 11 + result should get him in to Sheriff.

Your Son has scored over the Ashlawn MFL qualifying mark for last year, so all is not lost.
goodluck1973

Post by goodluck1973 »

do we need to put the test result as supporting information if applying for Ashlawn