Results October 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GSHopeful

Re: Results October 2018

Post by GSHopeful »

Lol Zoot - when I saw you post I thought you’d received a letter/seen results online! Arghhhh
QHoneyBee

Post by QHoneyBee »

Just thinking, this thread will be buzzing tomorrow.
It's Sunday and I know while there's absolutely no chance of any result upload, I still checked the Warwickshire site at least 10 times since morning (just in case they have a job running on the server! you never know! hehe)...my dd's so excited, fingers crossed we will all get a good news tomorrow.

Also, checking out the Birmingham thread, kids have done very well and some scores are so high that I get chills...!

In the meantime, how many of you have filled in the secondary school admission form and kept it ready for just a click to submit if everything goes according to the plan?
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

I wish everyone the very best luck for tomorrow xx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

As is standard on this forum, please be mindful of other people’s feelings - if your child has done very well, there will be others who are very disappointed. Please take a moment to read the information you are sent which usually gives information about last scores in last year, waiting list scores etc and do not ask questions purporting to be about whether your child has a chance when, in reality, they are just an attempt at stealth boasting if your child has done well. Any forumite joining just to post their child’s high score will get short shrift! Familiarise yourself with the CAF equal preference system - in a nutshell, list the schools you are applying to in your true preference order. The school you like best in position 1, the school you like second best in position 2 and so on. And list a school you are sure you will get a place at(usually your catchment comprehensive school) - otherwise, if you do not get a place in any grammar school, you may get allocated a school you have not previously considered.

Good luck all - but remember, things happen for a reason - if your child has not done as well as hoped, keep supporting them wherever they end up.
Seraphina

Post by Seraphina »

Thanks kenyancowgirl - does anyone know whether the email/letter tells us the rank/percentile, or just the standardised score?
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

Yes thank you Kenyancowgirl for the reminder. As I’ve said to my son, the number on this piece of paper tomorrow doesn’t change who they are. It gives us a clue as to where they will go to school, to achieve great things. Grammar or not, they are embarking on such an exciting adventure next September. I hope all the children move onwards and upwards from tomorrow and can now focus on enjoying their last year at Primary school. Huge hugs to all the Parents sat feeling as sick as I am xx
snow white

Post by snow white »

On the plus side the house is looking spotless, can’t sit still as really nervous, so keep cleaning!! Good luck tomorrow everyone.
Memebaby

Post by Memebaby »

I'm so worried for tomorrow. I guess it would be helpful like has been done in other years if People put scores and rank and how many ranked the same. It may give a slightly better idea of a realistic possibility of offer ?. I do hope they rank south and east seperate ly rather than one big group because that makes it almost impossible to gage your child's chance. One more night of this horrible not knowing. X
SarahWarwickshire

Post by SarahWarwickshire »

Best of luck to all the children and parents. They will all have fabulous future's I am sure, whatever the number on the paper/email. The determination and commitment they have demonstrated is a gift that will help them more than any exam result.
That said, it's a big day that may determine the shape of the the next 7 years. I am glad I'm in London for work tomorrow and not home as I am usually. I wouldn't be able to cope waiting for school to be over!
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

*refresh*... *refresh*... *refresh*... *refresh*
:D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now