2019 cohort actual results -once available

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
madrigal1965

Re: 2019 cohort actual results -once available

Post by madrigal1965 »

jurassic wrote:Does anyone know what the mean was last year and previous years? I thought I read somewhere that the mean last year was 200, but frustratingly I can't find this information now.

The mean for this years cohort is 203. So by comparing this years mean to last years mean, I would predict that the qualifying marks will go up by 3 marks.
Where have you had 203 from? The 2019 11+ Results letter says the mean for the cohort is 200?

https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-938" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jurassic

Post by jurassic »

They’ve based the mean based on last years results so utilising the results of this year the mean is 203 rounded up yes but that is what they do with the data
mishra

Post by mishra »

kenyancowgirl wrote:I think it is Warwickshire and those from Birmingham who opted to share with Warwickshire. From memory, it was a Warks/B'ham shared rank last year as well.

Makes it a little more challenging to work out, but the general advice stays the same - use last year's AQS as a guide to how likely your child's score is to get a place - list your schools in your true preference order, making sure there is at least one safe school on there.
I have a friend of mine whose daughter scored 220. Based on https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I can guess she is somewhere ranked 900.
Based on
https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-826" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Total seats is 627. Is my understanding correct. Or the seats from Birmingham schools will also add to it?
jurassic

Post by jurassic »

Working out the mean by adding all the results from the rankings dividing it by the number of participants equates to 203.

Surely This is what the education committees will look at when they make their decisions in February for a qualifying score. I’m hoping I’m wrong but I’m preparing myself for the worse.

Also I’m going to stop speculating I’m driving myself insane. Sorry I’m advance just thought someone might “know” from previous experience.
mishra

Post by mishra »

My daughter seems to have got the place. But it will be real relief if her friend also gets it
jurassic

Post by jurassic »

Kenyancowgirl - not sure why they can’t rlovide just Warwickshire results I don’t know
Jyoti2018

Post by Jyoti2018 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:230 was the AQS for KES for last year, with 225 being the minimum wait list position. From memory they didn’t offer below 229 though.

It looks as though the AQS might rise this year (bas d on the limited higher end scores I have seen/heard about) I would suggest you list it as 1st choice on your CAF but make sure you big up your second choice to him as that may be where he ends up. Is AGS an option at all, or LSS?
thanks for revert and we could do with some advice as we are new in UK.
I have no idea of any of the schools as having arrived just few months before exam.
Reason for having KES first in list is distance from where I live (Leamington Spa). AGS still further and LSS and so no..
Also with the rank list now available fear if we even stand a chance for KES.
shanthibr2

Post by shanthibr2 »

Hi All,

I am very new to this group. First and the foremost is I would like to say my big thanks to the group for maintaining the latest information about the waiting lists and scores.
My DS has 216, we live out of the catchment area, Nuneaton. We are considering Alcester grammar school and Lawrence sheriff school and Bishop Vessey grammar school. can you all please advise me if we have the chances of winning a seat in March 2019.

Thank you all
darkmuseuk

Post by darkmuseuk »

The mean average is 200 by definition. That is what they mean by normalising the scores. They've calculated the mean and standard deviation then moved all the scores to force the average to be 200. In this way you should be able to compare scores across years even if one years test is easier or harder than another.
jurassic

Post by jurassic »

Interesting thank you but still the lack of transparency create a lot of anxiety and
Stress
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now