Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
listophe

Re: 2019 cohort actual results -once available

Post by listophe »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
MLW wrote:rankings are now published but not gender defined. http://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/doc ... CC-699-941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As another poster previously pointed out, some ranking data had previously been released as part of a response to a Freedom of Information request to WCC (data availabe via the WCC website 'Warwickshire FOI disclosure log'). The data (in two spreadsheets) shows the top and bottom 200 scores achieved in Warwickshire in far more detail than the rankings now published. Looking at the FoI request responses you can see:

- Home LA
- Test date
- Test venue
- Verbal score
- Numeracy score
- Non-verbal score

There are inconsistencies between the FoI data and the latest rankings released by WCC - I think/suspect this is because the FoI data relates solely to Warwickshire and so does not include the shared Birmingham results.

My child's score falls in the top 200 Warwickshire and so I have been able to identify their entry in the FoI data. I have then been able to go on to identify how many other candidates in the top 200 list are the same gender and which priority circle they are in and then factor in the number of school places I know are available at my child's favoured school to get a rough idea of their chances.

In the FoI data the 200th Wawickshire score was 235, so if your child scored 235 or above you can do a similar analysis - it won't take account of the 'Birmingham factor' but it may give some reassurance/comfort to those who are stressed and want to do something!
Can you link to the FOI data please?
https://warwickshireportal.icasework.co ... D%3D%7E%21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But I believe that was last year's data.
Rumpelstiltskin

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
MLW wrote:rankings are now published but not gender defined. http://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/doc ... CC-699-941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As another poster previously pointed out, some ranking data had previously been released as part of a response to a Freedom of Information request to WCC (data availabe via the WCC website 'Warwickshire FOI disclosure log'). The data (in two spreadsheets) shows the top and bottom 200 scores achieved in Warwickshire in far more detail than the rankings now published. Looking at the FoI request responses you can see:

- Home LA
- Test date
- Test venue
- Verbal score
- Numeracy score
- Non-verbal score

There are inconsistencies between the FoI data and the latest rankings released by WCC - I think/suspect this is because the FoI data relates solely to Warwickshire and so does not include the shared Birmingham results.

My child's score falls in the top 200 Warwickshire and so I have been able to identify their entry in the FoI data. I have then been able to go on to identify how many other candidates in the top 200 list are the same gender and which priority circle they are in and then factor in the number of school places I know are available at my child's favoured school to get a rough idea of their chances.

In the FoI data the 200th Wawickshire score was 235, so if your child scored 235 or above you can do a similar analysis - it won't take account of the 'Birmingham factor' but it may give some reassurance/comfort to those who are stressed and want to do something!
Can you link to the FOI data please?
The previous poster 'Sportsforall' had problems posting a link, so they left the following directions:

"Google Warkwickshire Freedom of Information
On the page - look in the main body text for 'Online Disclosure Log'
Then in the search function type 'Grammar' and the request I linked to should be near the top."

These are the directions I followed and it is simple to find the data using them.
ElsieM

Post by ElsieM »

Jyoti2018 wrote:Newbie here and in UK so need some advice here.
My boy scored 228 and in Southern Priority circle. What are his chances if it's only KES in his mind?
Not sure of it helps but we were Southern Priority last year.
My son scored 228 - rank was 558/2930

We were 9th on the waiting list and got a place at KES Stratford by the end of June.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I think they must be using internal links

https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/foi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Click disclosure log
Type in grammar
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Thanks mitasol - I figured it out...

That FOI data, which I eventually found(!) is for last year's entry - so yes, I can see that a score of 235 last year would have put a child in the top 200 in Warwickshire.
Maple Mama

Post by Maple Mama »

And those top 200 scorers in Warwickshire for 2018 entry were almost equally split between boys and girls.
jurassic

Post by jurassic »

Does anyone know what the mean was last year and previous years? I thought I read somewhere that the mean last year was 200, but frustratingly I can't find this information now.

The mean for this years cohort is 203. So by comparing this years mean to last years mean, I would predict that the qualifying marks will go up by 3 marks.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

ElsieM wrote:
Jyoti2018 wrote:Newbie here and in UK so need some advice here.
My boy scored 228 and in Southern Priority circle. What are his chances if it's only KES in his mind?
Not sure of it helps but we were Southern Priority last year.
My son scored 228 - rank was 558/2930

We were 9th on the waiting list and got a place at KES Stratford by the end of June.
Similar as mine Last year. Boy scored 228 and was placed 555/2930 if memory serves right.
He was WL3 and WL1 then for long and we got KES confirmed same day I believe as ElsieM's boy. Long wait though!!. Also 228 this time is Rank 627/3369 so boy what a jump...its getting tougher by the day.
Best of Luck...you will need loads of Patience ..
Zoot

Post by Zoot »

Does anyone know what the mean was last year and previous years? I thought I read somewhere that the mean last year was 200, but frustratingly I can't find this information now.

The mean for this years cohort is 203. So by comparing this years mean to last years mean, I would predict that the qualifying marks will go up by 3 marks.
I think the 203 comes from rounding errors that we cannot see as we have only rounded data to work with.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

jurassic wrote:Does anyone know what the mean was last year and previous years? I thought I read somewhere that the mean last year was 200, but frustratingly I can't find this information now.

I really hope it doesn’t mean this...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now