Proof of address for child

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Centralperk

Re: Proof of address for child

Post by Centralperk »

Just to clarify, the council tax form needs to be in by October 31st. The second proof of addresss is not required until December.
darkmuseuk

Post by darkmuseuk »

Vicksteroo wrote:
Centralperk wrote: I telephoned my local council and they e-mailed it to me within a few hours.
Thank you! I'll call them on Monday - I really hope they'll be as helpful :)
Yes I did both due to the same panic you're probably having now. Warwick DC have a drop-in counter where they printed me one off there and then. And the next day I received a copy in reply to my email request. I don't think I've ever praised council administration before but they were very polite and efficient and knew exactly why I needed it asap.

On the other hand, since its the same council who handle council tax and school admissions how difficult would it be to cross reference against their own systems!
gemgem

Post by gemgem »

mad? wrote:
SalamS wrote:Do we have too provide the proof of address at this stage ???
Yes see post above yours. Quoted below just in case...
kenyancowgirl wrote:In short, though, yes, if you do not provide proof of address by their deadline, your application will be classed as late and you will not be considered in the first round of offers on 1st March.
Normally, they ask the proof of Address in December.
But "please read" the admission policy, the letter receive with 11 plus results etc rather relying on what others say. If you are in doubt, call the Warwick council. Don't assume things.
For a genuine parent, address proof or supporting documents are not a big deal. At least, they should take a little effort for providing them for the children worked so hard in getting good results.
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

I'm really impressed - Rugby BC emailed me a copy before 9am this morning, and I'd only requested it by email on Friday night! I'm in awe :)
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

Can someone please tell me where it says that we should provide council tax bills by 31st October?

The online letter says that they will write out early December asking for proof of address to be provided by 31st December. I have scoured the documents and can find no reference of a request for council tax bill by today.

https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-938
FelixJ1

Post by FelixJ1 »

You have to email them a copy of council tax bill by 5pm toda
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

Thanks, but where does it say that? Had it not been for looking at this forum, I had no idea that this was required. Am I alone in missing some vital piece of information?
Wildfuture

Post by Wildfuture »

It clearly states it more than once - on the apply for a school place webpage, and several times on the leaflet detailing the application process.
FelixJ1

Post by FelixJ1 »

It is also reminded when you submit the application too it gives the email
Address again
snow white

Post by snow white »

It’s on page 3 of the document, applying for a school place. It states attach Council Tax Bill to the application.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now