Any chance of place at SGGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
smile123

Any chance of place at SGGS

Post by smile123 »

Help all, my DD scored 216. Is there any chance she could get a place at Stratford girls??

Forgot to add that I’m in priority south.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Any chance of place at SGGS

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Looking at last year's AQS which, although initially reported as 220 with waiting list of 212+, the AQS actually was lifted to 222, due to a number of people erroneously being missed off the allocations. SGGS did NOT offer below 222 last year.

I would have to say that the expectation is that the AQS may rise this year - how much by is anybody's guess, but it is usually one or two points. It is therefore unlikely - however, if you can afford the space on your CAf and it would be your preferred school, list it is first choice - depending on where you are, AGS might be listed second and then whatever other order schools you prefer. If you do not meet the criteria for SGGS, the Council will look at AGS (or whatever school you prefer second) as if it was your first and so on, until they find your highest listed school for which you meet the criteria. You will then be automatically added to any school you listed higher's waiting list.
smile123

Re: Any chance of place at SGGS

Post by smile123 »

Many thanks for the reply. Yes I will put it down but it seems very unlikely :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now