Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores only!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mumofgirls

Re: Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores o

Post by Mumofgirls »

EJW457 wrote:Any movement on Warks waiting lists this week?
On Tuesday we had moved up one place for SGGS but disappointingly had moved down two places for AGS.
neuralc

Post by neuralc »

Mumofgirls wrote:
On Tuesday we had moved up one place for SGGS but disappointingly had moved down two places for AGS.
not sure if this helps, but last year between June and Sept the AGS list moved approx 25 places, so plenty of time..
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

neuralc wrote:
Mumofgirls wrote:
not sure if this helps, but last year between June and Sept the AGS list moved approx 25 places, so plenty of time..
That’s great to hear. We were fortunate to have been offered a place following our appeal (posted in appeals thread) but I’m so pleased that this was the case last year. Crossing everything that a lot more places are offered to those waiting on here x
bonvivz

Post by bonvivz »

Charlene wrote:We are in Solihull, score 226 not offered LSS or Ashlawn. Was 25th on waiting list last week. Tried calling WCC today but voicemail advised office was closed.
Unsure if I should appeal, any advice?
just checking if you happen to hear from LSS or Ashlawn
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

My DD has been 2nd on the waiting list for SGGS for quite a few weeks now. Does anyone know from previous years if we are likely to receive an offer before September? I know every year is different but it feels like there won’t be any more movement now?
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

I can't offer any help regarding SGGS, but I did speak with a parent at LSS who was still hoping for an offer from their local comprehensive which they would accept over their LSS place (for various carefully considered reasons). I was also told of a family that were planning to send their child to independent school but were hanging onto their grammar place to hedge their bets. So it may be the case that there are still some people holding onto grammar places and leaving their decision until the last minute or hoping for an alternative offer to come up - not helpful to the waiting list families admittedly, but within their rights. Good luck to those still waiting.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

My daughter is stuck at 5th for AGS and 10th for SGGS, it’s so frustrating, not feeling very optimistic.
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

Thanks for the responses. Was thinking that might be the case for those with independent school places.

Mumofgirls, I’d say you’re still in with a good chance for AGS as it seems to move quicker. Fingers crossed for you. I think I’ve added this before but admissions told me they went to 65th by September on the waiting list for AGS last year. Plus there were 2 that didn’t turn up on the first day!!
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

EJW457 wrote:Thanks for the responses. Was thinking that might be the case for those with independent school places.

Mumofgirls, I’d say you’re still in with a good chance for AGS as it seems to move quicker. Fingers crossed for you. I think I’ve added this before but admissions told me they went to 65th by September on the waiting list for AGS last year. Plus there were 2 that didn’t turn up on the first day!!
Thank you, after an underwhelming induction day I really hope there is still a chance for my daughter of gaining a place. After significant movement the AGS list seems to have halted again.
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

Mumofgirls wrote:
EJW457 wrote:Thanks for the responses. Was thinking that might be the case for those with independent school places.

Thank you, after an underwhelming induction day I really hope there is still a chance for my daughter of gaining a place. After significant movement the AGS list seems to have halted again.
Oh no that’s a shame, where have you got a place if you don’t mind me asking?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now