Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores only!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
EJW457

Re: Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores o

Post by EJW457 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:The lists are managed by WCC on their behalf up until Christmas, at which point the schools take over the list - I think (I may be wrong!) that at that point you have to formally let the school know if you want to remain on the list then (as missing a term or more's work is quite a big thing, obviously) and most children are settled where they are by then.
Thank you :)
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

EJW457 wrote:
kenyancowgirl wrote:The lists are managed by WCC on their behalf up until Christmas, at which point the schools take over the list - I think (I may be wrong!) that at that point you have to formally let the school know if you want to remain on the list then (as missing a term or more's work is quite a big thing, obviously) and most children are settled where they are by then.
Thank you :)
Any positive updates this week anyone?
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

It’s all gone very quiet :(
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

WCC are not releasing waiting list info until after next Tuesday as they are in the middle of another reallocation round. I think we just have to sit tight, and patiently wait.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Here_goes wrote:WCC are not releasing waiting list info until after next Tuesday as they are in the middle of another reallocation round. I think we just have to sit tight, and patiently wait.
That explains it then!
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

Just phoned admissions, we’re still 8th on the waiting list for Shottery so movement there. 20th for Alcester so sounds like they’ve made a few offers. Not what I was hoping to hear :(.
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

Sorry that should have said no movement there!!
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

EJW457 wrote:Just phoned admissions, we’re still 8th on the waiting list for Shottery so movement there. 20th for Alcester so sounds like they’ve made a few offers. Not what I was hoping to hear :(.
No movement for Shottery for my daughter either and only moved four places for AGS. How much movement is there likely to be now that the reallocation rounds are over?
Beenstalkingforages!

Post by Beenstalkingforages! »

I’m sure there will still be movement all the way up to September and beyond. It’s just that that’s the end of “batch allocations”. Now they will just offer places as and when they come up. And don’t forget that they give up to a week to make your decision so they may yet still be waiting for responses from the current round. Fingers crossed for you all.....
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Beenstalkingforages! wrote:I’m sure there will still be movement all the way up to September and beyond. It’s just that that’s the end of “batch allocations”. Now they will just offer places as and when they come up. And don’t forget that they give up to a week to make your decision so they may yet still be waiting for responses from the current round. Fingers crossed for you all.....
Thank you.