Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores only!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mumofgirls

Re: Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores o

Post by Mumofgirls »

EJW457 wrote:
Mumofgirls wrote:
EJW457 wrote:Thanks for the responses. Was thinking that might be the case for those with independent school places.

Mumofgirls, I’d say you’re still in with a good chance for AGS as it seems to move quicker. Fingers crossed for you. I think I’ve added this before but admissions told me they went to 65th by September on the waiting list for AGS last year. Plus there were 2 that didn’t turn up on the first day!!
Thank you, after an underwhelming induction day I really hope there is still a chance for my daughter of gaining a place. After significant movement the AGS list seems to have halted again.
Oh no that’s a shame, where have you got a place if you don’t mind me asking?
She has a place at St. Benedict’s in Alcester, it is a good school but her heart isn’t really in it at the moment, hopefully that will change (or 5 people will decide AGS isn’t for them)!
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Does anyone know historically if there is much movement over the summer holidays?
neuralc

Post by neuralc »

Given your current WL position, your DD would get a place a AGS the previous 2 years. There was movement of about 10 places in July/August/early Sept, and the WL went down to some of the 211 scores last year. To the wire!
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

neuralc wrote:Given your current WL position, your DD would get a place a AGS the previous 2 years. There was movement of about 10 places in July/August/early Sept, and the WL went down to some of the 211 scores last year. To the wire!
Thanks for your reply, keeping everything crossed!
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

neuralc wrote:Given your current WL position, your DD would get a place a AGS the previous 2 years. There was movement of about 10 places in July/August/early Sept, and the WL went down to some of the 211 scores last year. To the wire!
Any ideas of the movement for SGGS over the summer
neuralc

Post by neuralc »

Sorry no - I guess less movement in SGGS than AGS WL. I have seen some information confirming this but not covering only summer.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Contacted admissions today and still no movement for us unfortunately.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Contacted admissions today, still 10th for SGGS and moved down to 6th for AGS so no grammar school place for my daughter sadly. Hope others are having more success.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Anyone had any luck with waiting list offers since term has started?
Beenstalkingforages!

Post by Beenstalkingforages! »

Ah when I saw that you had posted, I hoped it would say that your DD has been offered a place! No one seems to have posted any updates for a while, but you never know.....the Birmingham forum shows a number of offers being made this week so it may be that one has an impact here. Plus you would be surprised how every year there are no shows in classes. Wishing you luck x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now