Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores only!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Here_goes

Re: Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores o

Post by Here_goes »

Don't give up hope. My daughter scored 212 and we are 22 on the waiting list for SGGS, so only just above you. Last year there was someone on here who was number 22 on the waiting list and they were offered a place in June. My elder daughter who is in year 7 at SGGS said that a space was given up just after the start of the academic year and taken up by someone on the waiting list. So that's at least down to number 23 on the waiting list and that doesn't include any offers made between June and September. Every year is different and there are no guarantees. Also, it's worth noting that we can go down on the waiting list as well as up..... :(

It's going to be nerve wracking for us both, that's for sure. But it's not without hope. I am on this nail-biting journey with you! :?
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Here_goes wrote:Don't give up hope. My daughter scored 212 and we are 22 on the waiting list for SGGS, so only just above you. Last year there was someone on here who was number 22 on the waiting list and they were offered a place in June. My elder daughter who is in year 7 at SGGS said that a space was given up just after the start of the academic year and taken up by someone on the waiting list. So that's at least down to number 23 on the waiting list and that doesn't include any offers made between June and September. Every year is different and there are no guarantees. Also, it's worth noting that we can go down on the waiting list as well as up..... :(

It's going to be nerve wracking for us both, that's for sure. But it's not without hope. I am on this nail-biting journey with you! :?
Thank you for your reply, best of luck to your daughter. Please let me know how you get on.
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

Don't worry, I will. This forum was an enormous help to me last year. (There was some shenanigans with WCC withdrawing offers after two weeks and my eldest dd was one of those affected). I had such great support and advice from the experienced posters on this forum that if I can give anything back to others experiencing the delights of the 11 plus journey, it will be my absolute pleasure to do so. For now though, let the waiting game begin.....
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Here_goes wrote:Don't worry, I will. This forum was an enormous help to me last year. (There was some shenanigans with WCC withdrawing offers after two weeks and my eldest dd was one of those affected). I had such great support and advice from the experienced posters on this forum that if I can give anything back to others experiencing the delights of the 11 plus journey, it will be my absolute pleasure to do so. For now though, let the waiting game begin.....

Thank you so much, sounds like you have had your fair share of 11+ stress already. This is our eldest daughter so it’s all new for us.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

Mumofgirls wrote:
Here_goes wrote:Don't worry, I will. This forum was an enormous help to me last year. (There was some shenanigans with WCC withdrawing offers after two weeks and my eldest dd was one of those affected). I had such great support and advice from the experienced posters on this forum that if I can give anything back to others experiencing the delights of the 11 plus journey, it will be my absolute pleasure to do so. For now though, let the waiting game begin.....

Thank you so much, sounds like you have had your fair share of 11+ stress already. This is our eldest daughter so it’s all new for us.
Hang in on there and best will happen!!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I know of a boy who will be turning down his KES place.

Good news for those on the waiting list.
Demijohn1

Post by Demijohn1 »

Anyone heard if there is any waiting list movement yet?
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

We're a long way down the list so I doubt I'll hear anything for many more months (if at all). 5th for AGS should get you an offer much sooner though. I'd be amazed if you don't hear this week - that's imho! :D

I'm not sure how waiting list offers are made in the first round of reallocations - letter/email/phone call...

If you can't bear the wait, then you could try calling them.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Demijohn1 wrote:Anyone heard if there is any waiting list movement yet?
We’ve gone down the lists...
Demijohn1

Post by Demijohn1 »

Mumofgirls wrote:
Demijohn1 wrote:Anyone heard if there is any waiting list movement yet?
We’ve gone down the lists...
Oh no, did you phone today?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now