Advice about next steps

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
smile123

Advice about next steps

Post by smile123 »

I applied with bham LEA and have received a place at SGGS. Does anyone know if I will receive confirmation of place by Warwickshire LEA as well as from Birmingham. Also I know Warwickshire applicant accept their place on their portals but Birmingham applicant get a reply slip, is that correct? Do I need to contact the school directly to accept or do they send any info through in the post? Appreciate any help, many thanks
ololade

Re: Advice about next steps

Post by ololade »

Hi, did you got your offer through the portal please and what was your child’s score only cos I got my offer over the phone from Warwickshire and chose Sutton Coldfield and Birmingham are now saying they haven't got her down for offer, her score was 221 and we live in Bedworth. Thanks.
smile123

Post by smile123 »

sorry about late reply. I applied through Birmingham LEA and was told I was unsuccessful but then when I rang warwickshire LEA (as my dd score was within the cut off for SGGS) they said I had been offered a place and that birmingham lea must have made a mistake. Then i had to ring up birmingham LEA with this information and they contacted warwickshire and then confirmed that i had indeed been offered a place and resent an offer letter.
ololade

Post by ololade »

Thanks, for getting back. Happy for you and your daughter, mine is yet to be resolved, as it stands daughter hasn't got any offer yet, Birmingham said they withdrew the offer as someone else scored the same as dd and was closer, but will be high on waiting list and informed Warwickshire. Still no response from Warwickshire yet...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now