Waiting List...Next Steps

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Demijohn1

Waiting List...Next Steps

Post by Demijohn1 »

Hi,

I've found out the WL position for my son for his first choice grammar today. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what happens next. I'm guessing there is a reallocation round? Do I need to submit an appeal?

Thank you!
guest201

Re: Waiting List...Next Steps

Post by guest201 »

You don't need to do anything, just wait. Places will be offered to waiting list candidates if they become available.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Demijohn1 wrote:Hi,

I've found out the WL position for my son for his first choice grammar today. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what happens next. I'm guessing there is a reallocation round? Do I need to submit an appeal?

Thank you!
No you don't have to do anything. The waiting list may move down to your son's position or it may not - you cannot influence the waiting list but have to sit and wait and hope. You can additionally put in an appeal (if you feel strongly enough to go through the process) - this is your right and any appeal that is won leapfrogs the waiting list - you can notify them that you intend to appeal and if a wait list position comes up in the meantime, just withdraw from the appeals process. Or if you choose not to go down the appeal route as well as sit on the wait list, make sure that you "big up" whatever school you have been allocated, in case that is where you end up.
Demijohn1

Post by Demijohn1 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
Demijohn1 wrote:Hi,

Thank you!
No you don't have to do anything. The waiting list may move down to your son's position or it may not - you cannot influence the waiting list but have to sit and wait and hope. You can additionally put in an appeal (if you feel strongly enough to go through the process) - this is your right and any appeal that is won leapfrogs the waiting list - you can notify them that you intend to appeal and if a wait list position comes up in the meantime, just withdraw from the appeals process. Or if you choose not to go down the appeal route as well as sit on the wait list, make sure that you "big up" whatever school you have been allocated, in case that is where you end up.
Thank you for that. He is near the top of the waiting list so I think we might sit tight for bit until reallocation has taken place and the see where he is. In the meantime I will have a look at appealing, I've already spoken to his headteacher about them supplying academic evidence if we were to go down that route and I'v read the notes on here too. He is happy with the school he has been offered as most of his friends are attending there but would like to go to the grammar if he can, I have said I will support him with whatever he chooses.

Thanks again.
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

I would think that 5th on the waiting list stands you in very good stead for a place from the re-offers either next week or from the following round in early April. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Do keep us posted.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It depends what school he is on the w/l for....If it is KES Stratford, the w/l moves relatively slowly but more quickly for AGS, for example.

Demijohn1 Just check the deadline by which you have to notify them that you intend to appeal - you do not have to submit your appeal by the deadline, just the notification with "evidence to follow" as, if you miss the deadline, you may not be eligible to appeal.
Demijohn1

Post by Demijohn1 »

It is AGS we are waiting for. I'll get my appeal ball rolling too, thanks. Fingers crossed!
stargirl

Post by stargirl »

Just out of curiosity..on what grounds would you appeal if your child was on the waiting list?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

stargirl wrote:Just out of curiosity..on what grounds would you appeal if your child was on the waiting list?
The waiting list & appeals are two separate processes, so the same grounds as if they weren't on the waiting list & you wanted a place.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now