Late applications

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

EJW457

Late applications

Post by EJW457 »

Hi, does anyone know if there are any rules on late applications. Found out today that my DD has gone back a place on the waiting list as someone has just sat the test and scored highly so has gone to the front of the queue. I’m not sure of the details but would this have to be due to moving into the area or could I have delayed my DD sitting the test until now? Seems very unfair if it’s the case that a child can have nearly a whole extra school year on most of the other children that sat the test last Sept?

Thanks in advance for and info :)
ToadMum

Re: Late applications

Post by ToadMum »

EJW457 wrote:Hi, does anyone know if there are any rules on late applications. Found out today that my DD has gone back a place on the waiting list as someone has just sat the test and scored highly so has gone to the front of the queue. I’m not sure of the details but would this have to be due to moving into the area or could I have delayed my DD sitting the test until now? Seems very unfair if it’s the case that a child can have nearly a whole extra school year on most of the other children that sat the test last Sept?

Thanks in advance for and info :)
To comply with the Admissions Code, applicants have to be placed on waiting lists in oversubscription criteria order, whenever they apply. For our grammar schools, there is a 'mopping up' sitting round about now, for those who have moved and those who were ill on both the main and the reserve dates in the autumn - in their case, the application would have been made at the normal time, but the child ranked somewhere at the bottom of the list until they had a score, I assume.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx