Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
magwich

Post by magwich »

South charlotte
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

Hi magwich, brilliant result! If you don't mind answering, which school did you opt for and why?
magwich

Post by magwich »

Hello Bad Dad - we chose Stratford Grammar School for Girls because her sister is already there and likes it very much. The teachers seem to know exactly how to treat them and are not fazed by their sometimes stroppy ways! The discipline is pretty good on the whole and the vast majority of the staff are genuinely friendly to the girls.
The work is challenging but there are not excessive amounts of it and the sixth form results in particular are very good indeed.
We did not choose Alcester largely because my husband went there for a job interview and was a little surprised that the head teacher did not appear to be wholly in sympathy with the idea of selective schools! In particular in the sixth form he will allow in almost anyone and even the ofsted report comments that this policy is not doing his results any good at all. Just our personal view though.
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

East Warks, June birthday, 118 + 125 = 143 = 37th out of 739

Don't know raw scores but scored between 75 & 80 out of 85 in the practice papers & said these were a similar level of difficulty.

Have found out raw scores, see below. Also have looked back at practice papers & it appears that I was a little over-generous! scores were A) 65 (76%) B) 71 (83%) C) 78 (92%) D) 75 (88%). 11+ result across 2 papers was 86%. I put this detail in as I know how desperate I was for this kind of info last year. Good luck to all this year! xx
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

Thanks, magwich. Yes, you are correct about Alcester. I believe the 6th form is non-selective (although 1st priority is to those who have come up through the school). It is unusual in that the 6th form is very large - there are more students in 6th Form than the rest of the school put together, so I have heard.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

If you phone the allocation telephone number they will give you the raw scores over the telephone.
I agree that it is all a ridiculous wait and extremely stressful.
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Have 'phoned for raw scores and have got some very interesting information.

This will amuse LBSWM - Ed & DD got EXACTLY the same score in each paper!!!! We toyed with the idea that they give out the same info to each parent nosey enough to ask, but dismissed it.

Ed's birthday early Sept. DD's late June. Scores were: Paper 1 66/80 - paper 2 71/80.

Standardised scores & positions were:

Ed - paper 1 - 110 paper 2 - 120 = 230 = 80/739
DD - 118 - 125 = 243 = 37/739

Food for thought?

Charlotte
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

If you are striving to a11eviate my grumpine55, this is not going to work.

It's hardly rocket science!!
(sorry, this is how grumpy people talk)

It's obvious that your precious children are at the extreme ends of the standardisation scale..Sept and June of the school year,

thus having the same raw scores and a11owing for standardisation, OBABO's offspring scores are higher than Scholarship Ed's score.

LBSWM
Grumpy Old Lady
The Heart of England

Can't you offer cake in Warwisckskire instead?
:evil:
Food for thought?
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Oh dear! What has made you so grumpy?? I will take cake to rehab...
alcestermum

Post by alcestermum »

Second child through in a row, we're so pleased! Such a relief!

It's been very draining but worth it! Tests were obviously much harder this year as the pass mark is considerably lower.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now