Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:51 am 

DS1 is at AGS and moving into Year 11. He got a free bus pass whereas DS2, moving into Year 9 at AGS, didn't as a result of the rule changes (dammit).

We're going to be moving house (within Warks) before the new school year starts.

It would seem reasonable to me to expect DS1's free pass eligibility to continue in the same way as it would if we were to stay in our current house. I'm not certain that this is going to happen though. Does anyone have any experience of this/advice?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:36 am 

We were told very clearly by Warwickshire County Council, about a year ago that the free bus pass ONLY remained in place whilst we remained at the same address - if we moved we had to pay.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:20 pm 

Thanks KCG. I rather feared that would be the case. Doesn't seem entirely reasonable - with school choice made in Yr 7 we're hardly going to be likely to change it for GCSE year by dint of moving house within the county - but there you go.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:03 am 

It is worth checking, though, as when the rule changes first came in, it did feel a bit like they were making it up as they went along with individual cases! But I did have various conversations after the initial flurry and whenever I said about my boys getting a free bus pass, they did always add "unless you move" so pretty sure that rule stuck!