Any LSS pupils here out of area.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sweetpea37

Any LSS pupils here out of area.

Post by Sweetpea37 »

Hi

First time posting on here. So I was just wondering are there any parents with pupils at LSS out of area approx 45 minutes drive. I’d like to know is it manageable? I get everyone has different circumstances however since my son has been recently offered a place I want to make sure I am doing the right thing by moving him from our local comp to LSS.
I’d also be interested to hear from parents of current pupils in Y7 how are they finding their first month?

:D
Vicksteroo

Re: Any LSS pupils here out of area.

Post by Vicksteroo »

Hi, congratulations on the offer of a place. We're not out of area but our son gets the school bus which takes nearly an hour each way.

To be honest I think it's a bit early to tell but we've had good days and bad days - he's not keen on having to get up and get moving in the morning and the earlier start is not going down well, but he does know he doesn't have a choice so despite nearly missing the bus last week he's usually persuadable to get out of the door in time.

He's been pretty good about the school work, I think it's mostly interesting and engaging, and although he objects to homework he's been keeping on top of it as none of it has been too arduous. I think it was always going to take time for him settle in and make new friends, and so far he's only hung out with boys from his old school, but I'm sure that'll change.

Considering how concerned I was about him making the transition, he seems happy enough and seems to be enjoying the new challenges. He's definitely being more mature about it than I expected!
bonvivz

Post by bonvivz »

Sweetpea37 wrote:Hi

First time posting on here. So I was just wondering are there any parents with pupils at LSS out of area approx 45 minutes drive. I’d like to know is it manageable? I get everyone has different circumstances however since my son has been recently offered a place I want to make sure I am doing the right thing by moving him from our local comp to LSS.
I’d also be interested to hear from parents of current pupils in Y7 how are they finding their first month?

:D
Hi , congratulations on the offer of a place, Im glad to see LSS is still offering places :), just a bit different question, would you mind if I ask the score, and how the waitlist moved during your journey. This will help assess waitlist movement.

Thanks in advance.
guest201

Post by guest201 »

If you are driving him by car I don't think 45 mins is too bad, there are plenty of secondary school kids who travel 45 mins to school, my daughter had a 40 min bus journey to her previous school and it was fine. If it is a bus journey of 45 mins that is slightly different many buses don't leave school until 15-30 mins after school finishes which means a total journey time of maybe 1.25 hours which is a lot.
My son is in year 10 and loves it, he would happily travel 45 mins to get there if he had to, fortunately we are walking distance though!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now