Warwickshire 11+ Results 2020 Entry: Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
EJW457

Re: Warwickshire 11+ Results 2020 Entry: Scores

Post by EJW457 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
nervousmom wrote:Again, just guessing, but there could be a number of Solihull children who would normally be hoping for CHB or CHG as a fall back in case they don't receive a private school offer.
These same children could be holding the warks places this year as a back up.

Looking at the maps, it looks like part of the camp hill catchment area falls into the southern priority area, but I doubt this will have much impact
Again, there was a post recently which seemed to suggest that the numbers had not increased, so whilst it is reasonable to suspect that that might happen, I am not sure the overall picture will change that much. Certainly the KES AQS has only gone up one point (which is less than it has gone up the last couple of years), and the others have gone up in line with general expectations (SGGS last year was a weird anomaly that we have never really got to the bottom of!)
I was told last year the qualifying score was low for SGGS purely because the boys had outperformed the girls by quite a lot.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

well, yes, that is sort of obvious - but they always have done, in that the AQS for KES has been the highest of the 3 schools for the last 10 years I think, by a fair few points, but usually the AQS’s are proportionally similar whereas last year SGGS dropped more than would have been expected. It is back within the normal range and KESs doesn’t seem to have flown up which would suggest it has not been unduly affected by the changes to Bham catchments.
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:well, yes, that is sort of obvious - but they always have done, in that the AQS for KES has been the highest of the 3 schools for the last 10 years I think, by a fair few points, but usually the AQS’s are proportionally similar whereas last year SGGS dropped more than would have been expected. It is back within the normal range and KESs doesn’t seem to have flown up which would suggest it has not been unduly affected by the changes to Bham catchments.
Last edited by EJW457 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I was being wry, but you have read that as being rude. I think I tried to explain fairly coherently in my post above you, why it was an anomaly. Boys have always outperformed the girls. That is not new. Last year the boys performed as expected but the girls dropped suddenly - hence the expression a weird anomaly that we never really got to the botom of - it was a kind if rhetorical comment that I wasn't expecting to have to justify in the minutae, to be honest.

But don't worry - I am quite happy to disappear for the next few weeks and not help!!
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

EJW457 wrote:
kenyancowgirl wrote:well, yes, that is sort of obvious - but they always have done, in that the AQS for KES has been the highest of the 3 schools for the last 10 years I think, by a fair few points, but usually the AQS’s are proportionally similar whereas last year SGGS dropped more than would have been expected. It is back within the normal range and KESs doesn’t seem to have flown up which would suggest it has not been unduly affected by the changes to Bham catchments.
I’m only saying what I was told by admissions. I do find you quite rude when replying to others that are only trying to help. The girls last year didn’t perform as well because the maths was supposed to be have been a lot harder on the paper and generally boys are better at maths. So yes it is obvious but in your last reply you said you never got to the bottom of it!! There’s nothing to get to the bottom of!
Well I think that would be a shame as you obviously have lots of knowledge but that’s up to you! I’m only passing on what I know or what I’ve been told from going through this last year.
jimbobjoe321

Post by jimbobjoe321 »

I checked our council wedsite last night after I read this thread and I found there is a offer. So I opened, the offer was there already. I accept it, then receive the confirmation email. You can make decisionbefore 15 March. It is a bit early. I was expecting an email offer. But it won#t be.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

jimbobjoe321 wrote:I checked our council wedsite last night after I read this thread and I found there is a offer. So I opened, the offer was there already. I accept it, then receive the confirmation email. You can make decisionbefore 15 March. It is a bit early. I was expecting an email offer. But it won#t be.

Sounds like offer was good news?
jimbobjoe321

Post by jimbobjoe321 »

Yes, we are offered 1st choice, King Edward VI
Sandra24

Post by Sandra24 »

Thank you guys for coming back to me. I know there is no crystal ball and it’s hard waiting, as I’m sure it is for lots of you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now