Warwickshire 11+ Results 2020 Entry: Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kenyancowgirl

Re: Warwickshire 11+ Results 2020 Entry: Scores

Post by kenyancowgirl »

SaysMiss wrote:I don't get it either.

I also thought there might be some distance weight given, so for example those closest to school on waiting list offered before doing those further away?

I think we are in for the stress of waiting lists with 213 but just have to go a day at a time really and hope it's similar to last year.

Annoying the potential changes to catchments won't help children living closer to the schools. Our children may be impacted by the Solihull thing, which seems unfair on one particular cohort.
All of this is in the Admissions criteria for the individual schools, of course, so should not really come as a surprise, as I am sure you read it all before you applied for the 11+ test?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Klou wrote:
mumof_2 wrote:A vast number of Worcestershire and Solihull children are likely to be applying to Warwickshire schools for September 2020. Previously they would have gone to Birmingham’s King Edward schools, but due to the foundation changing the admissions policy, this year is an unknown. Many of these areas are inside the Catchment circle/s for Warwickshire, hence they will apply to the grammars here instead.

It will be interesting to see the increase in numbers when the rankings come out. Will no doubt be more than the 3369 last year. Unfortunately you therefore can’t use last years results as a great guide, given the likely increase in candidates, the AQS are likely to be higher this year.
I’m not understanding quite how the rankings help you to understand if a place is likely achievable or not. On the face of it DS would’ve ranked 560 (something) last year but his score was above the AQS. On the rankings I wouldn’t have thought he had much chance. I’m clearly not understanding something. I :?
It is not easy at all. In the past Warks used to helpfully give out rankings which included a gender split and also Southern/Eastern priority - now all you get is a joint rank with those from Birmingham who shared with Warks - historically, the sharers were because Birmingham didn't give rankings, so a high number of Birmingham sharers weren't actually interested in Warks schools. By looking at where you would have ranked last year, and cross referencing with the lowest score/rank in on offer day, you will have a ball park of how likely an offer will be on March 1st.

Last year the AQS score for KES was 233 (a rank of 472) but for Alcester it was 215 (the same for Shottery) which was a rank of 1075, so you can see that your rank of 560 would sit between the two last year (ie not likely for KES but very probable for the others - although with a boy you wouldn't be considering SGGS!)
SaysMiss

Post by SaysMiss »

Oh I read the admissions but it's still confusing!

It's the uncertainty that is hard if your child isn't a shoe in.
Only1nickyt

Post by Only1nickyt »

SaysMiss wrote:Oh I read the admissions but it's still confusing!

It's the uncertainty that is hard if your child isn't a shoe in.
This is my third time through the process....

1st time - DS scored one more than the previous years AQS. We knew he was borderline and spent months worrying about the chance of him getting in to the school he wanted (in the end he was offered on allocations day)

2nd time - DS scored very well, his ranking was within the PAN for the school so we knew he was in as soon as the results were issued which was a lovely position to be in

3rd time (now) - DD scored 222, wants SGGS. The AQS was lower than expected last year, so I have no idea how much it will ‘bounce back up’ this year. So we are back in the unknown..... but hopeful.

All I can say is follow the advice that is regularly given here: put down all the schools you want (regardless of whether you think you have a chance or not), in the order of preference that you really want, submit the application and then try and forget it until March.
SaysMiss

Post by SaysMiss »

Thanks for your knowledge!

First timer. He wants AGS but at 213 it's very uncertain.

I suppose it's just wait and see next March. Form is now done with AGS top choice, it's in the lap of the admissions gods now.
MrsOB

Post by MrsOB »

DD 242 eastern priority hoping for RH
Smallbean

Post by Smallbean »

Yes, last time round we were given a ranking of Eastern Area Boys, which was far more useful. However I disliked it, as some children would get a ranking very low down, which seemed unfair on them.

My younger son got 1 more point than my eldest, which he is very pleased about!
ZBfowz

Post by ZBfowz »

DD got 235, southern priority, looking for SSGS
Charlize99

Post by Charlize99 »

Ds got 231 looking at Alcester, southern priority - hope he will get a place
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

mumof_2 wrote:EJW : The rankings are not ALL children who sat in Birmingham & Warwickshire, ONLY children in Birmingham whose guardian/parent selected to share their results with Warwickshire. Therefore all children who may select a Warwickshire school, dependent on their result.

Hopefully the rankings will be out later this week.
Oh yes that’s it, whichever it is though I was just making the point that the rankings are pretty useless
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now