Warwickshire 11+ Results 2020 Entry: Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Smallbean

Re: Warwickshire 11+ Results 2020 Entry: Scores

Post by Smallbean »

p20191014 wrote:DD 254 Eastern - we would like her to go to RHS, but she prefers SGG so she can stay with her best friend. According to the figures published on council website, only 4 from eastern were offered by SGG last year. Also some parents told us there are lots of unknowns for SGG catchment as there might be more applications from Sutton this year...so we are not sure if DD can still apply for SGG. Any advice would be appreciated :)
Why more from Sutton? Is that because scores are different? That feels a long way!
mumof_2

Post by mumof_2 »

A vast number of Worcestershire and Solihull children are likely to be applying to Warwickshire schools for September 2020. Previously they would have gone to Birmingham’s King Edward schools, but due to the foundation changing the admissions policy, this year is an unknown. Many of these areas are inside the Catchment circle/s for Warwickshire, hence they will apply to the grammars here instead.

It will be interesting to see the increase in numbers when the rankings come out. Will no doubt be more than the 3369 last year. Unfortunately you therefore can’t use last years results as a great guide, given the likely increase in candidates, the AQS are likely to be higher this year.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I’m not sure it will be a vast number...it may well be a slight increase in numbers applying from Worcestershire and Solihull but whether it is “vast”? I doubt it. The AQS is likely to rise slightly too, ashas been the general trend year on year for the past 6 or 7 years but, again, it is usually 1 or 2 points.
Nervytimes

Post by Nervytimes »

With a score of 204 is it even worth putting RHS as an option on the application form? We live in the inner circle, but don't Think it will be a high enough score. Any advice appreciated
Mrk

Post by Mrk »

EJW457 wrote:
Mrk wrote:
EJW457 wrote:Just a quick note to let you all know there is hope. Last year my daughter scored 212 and was offered a place off the waiting list at AGS in June. The waiting lists do move a lot (usually in bursts) so just stay positive. Also if the same this year, the ranking is of no use as includes ALL children who took the test from Warks and Bham. We were ranked 1195 so on the face of it you think ‘no way’.
What was her que number on the waiting list?
In March we were 47th on the waiting list!
-------
That is really good to know - its quite nerve wrecking to wait on a day by day basis- in your case it dragged till June
Gav123

Post by Gav123 »

sportsforall wrote:
Gav123 wrote:DD scored 233 in Eastern priority circle. Hoping for RHS.
I think you can be very confident of a place.
Thank you sportsforall. I have one very happy DD :D
Klou

Post by Klou »

mumof_2 wrote:A vast number of Worcestershire and Solihull children are likely to be applying to Warwickshire schools for September 2020. Previously they would have gone to Birmingham’s King Edward schools, but due to the foundation changing the admissions policy, this year is an unknown. Many of these areas are inside the Catchment circle/s for Warwickshire, hence they will apply to the grammars here instead.

It will be interesting to see the increase in numbers when the rankings come out. Will no doubt be more than the 3369 last year. Unfortunately you therefore can’t use last years results as a great guide, given the likely increase in candidates, the AQS are likely to be higher this year.
I’m not understanding quite how the rankings help you to understand if a place is likely achievable or not. On the face of it DS would’ve ranked 560 (something) last year but his score was above the AQS. On the rankings I wouldn’t have thought he had much chance. I’m clearly not understanding something. I :?
SaysMiss

Post by SaysMiss »

I don't get it either.

I also thought there might be some distance weight given, so for example those closest to school on waiting list offered before doing those further away?

I think we are in for the stress of waiting lists with 213 but just have to go a day at a time really and hope it's similar to last year.

Annoying the potential changes to catchments won't help children living closer to the schools. Our children may be impacted by the Solihull thing, which seems unfair on one particular cohort.
AnnaH

Post by AnnaH »

mumof_2 wrote:A vast number of Worcestershire and Solihull children are likely to be applying to Warwickshire schools for September 2020. Previously they would have gone to Birmingham’s King Edward schools, but due to the foundation changing the admissions policy, this year is an unknown. Many of these areas are inside the Catchment circle/s for Warwickshire, hence they will apply to the grammars here instead.

I called earlier to find out when rankings would be published and have been told they aren’t publishing them this year! :?
SaysMiss

Post by SaysMiss »

From what I can gather there was an increase in numbers but I suspect it's not as huge as was made out. Wish the figures were released though.

In some ways the other systems of pass/fail are preferable to the drawn out waiting and guessing game Warwickshire does!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now