Warwickshire 11+ Results 2020 Entry: Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sportsforall

Re: Warwickshire 11+ Results 2020 Entry: Scores

Post by sportsforall »

RugbyBlue wrote:Hi

Received news this morning my daughter scored 223. We are in Rugby and hoping for Rugby High School. Based on a quick browse on here I think we should be okay but would certainly appreciate any thoughts. Many thanks.
In any previous year that I have been tracking (about last five) this would be absolutely safe. I cannot see any reason why the same wouldn't be true this year.
Mrk

Post by Mrk »

EJW457 wrote:Just a quick note to let you all know there is hope. Last year my daughter scored 212 and was offered a place off the waiting list at AGS in June. The waiting lists do move a lot (usually in bursts) so just stay positive. Also if the same this year, the ranking is of no use as includes ALL children who took the test from Warks and Bham. We were ranked 1195 so on the face of it you think ‘no way’.
What was her que number on the waiting list?
RugbyBlue

Post by RugbyBlue »

sportsforall wrote:

Received news this morning my daughter scored 223. We are in Rugby and hoping for Rugby High School. Based on a quick browse on here I think we should be okay but would certainly appreciate any thoughts. Many thanks.
In any previous year that I have been tracking (about last five) this would be absolutely safe. I cannot see any reason why the same wouldn't be true this year.
Thanks for the quick reply. Most appreciated. It's just such an anxious time!
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

RugbyBlue wrote:
sportsforall wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Most appreciated. It's just such an anxious time!
I would say based on previous years you will have no issues at all. My dd scored 212 last year and we got an offer on 1st March for RHS (we live in Stratford). Good luck
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

Mrk wrote:
EJW457 wrote:Just a quick note to let you all know there is hope. Last year my daughter scored 212 and was offered a place off the waiting list at AGS in June. The waiting lists do move a lot (usually in bursts) so just stay positive. Also if the same this year, the ranking is of no use as includes ALL children who took the test from Warks and Bham. We were ranked 1195 so on the face of it you think ‘no way’.
What was her que number on the waiting list?
In March we were 47th on the waiting list!
Smallbean

Post by Smallbean »

223 in Eastern Area. Hoping for LSS so should be fine (AQS 210 last year)

It's such a stressful time though. Surely it's not beyond schools to decide what the AQS is already!
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

My son went through this last year so I know how stressful it all is.

I just wanted to mention that I think LSS will be taking an extra entry this year. I don’t know if this will have any bearing on the qualifying score though. Others might be more in the know than me.
Mamabear84

Post by Mamabear84 »

DS scored 250+ and we've applied for LSS (v. nearby).

Centralperk, I did see the letter they emailed us gave a pupil admission number of 150 for LSS so that ties in with what we were told on open day about them moving to 5 form entry.
Last edited by Mamabear84 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smallbean

Post by Smallbean »

Centralperk wrote:My son went through this last year so I know how stressful it all is.

I just wanted to mention that I think LSS will be taking an extra entry this year. I don’t know if this will have any bearing on the qualifying score though. Others might be more in the know than me.
Yes it's 150 this year, although I don't know whether the number for admissions in the priority areas have increased, or whether it would allow more out of catchment children. I can't imagine they will want their AQS to fall.

Rugby is very short of places this year though, so I imagine they will be under pressure to take maximum local children.
p20191014

Post by p20191014 »

DD 254 Eastern - we would like her to go to RHS, but she prefers SGG so she can stay with her best friend. According to the figures published on council website, only 4 from eastern were offered by SGG last year. Also some parents told us there are lots of unknowns for SGG catchment as there might be more applications from Sutton this year...so we are not sure if DD can still apply for SGG. Any advice would be appreciated :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now