Proof of address

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Charlize99

Re: Proof of address

Post by Charlize99 »

I uploaded proof of address when I made my DS application. Do I need to resend them again? I haven’t heard from WCC regarding proof of address despite calling them twice today and being 1st in the queue- waiting 27 minutes before putting the phone down and calling back 3 hours later with the same response - nothing
SarahJ

Post by SarahJ »

I haven’t received anything either! Can you do it by logging on anyway? Looks like I’ll be on the phone tomorrow!
Dremma

Post by Dremma »

I managed to get through straight away on the phone yesterday and got them to confirm my proof of address had been received and was correct. I definitely think it’s worth calling them to check. I didn’t know where to upload it on the portal so I emailed it too.
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

I hadn't received any correspondence, so called them yesterday and received the following email -
Good Morning ,

Further to our recent telephone conversation please could you email one of the following documents to poa@warwickshire.gov.uk by the 31st December :

Either :

Child Benefit Letter for current Financial year
A letter from the child benefit office confirming that the child isn't in receipt of child benefit
A bank account statement in child's name dated within the last 12 months
Child Trust fund statement in child's name dated within the last 12 months
A letter from NHS or any medical,dental or opticians confirming an appointment for the child in the last 6 months
A current or recent prescription dated within the last 6 months

Kind Regards
Warwickshire School Admissions
Education Services

Business Support
Business and Customer Services
Resources Directorate
Warwickshire County Council: Saltisford Office Park, Ansell Way, Warwick, CV34 4UL

E: admissions@warwickshire.gov.uk
W: http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/admissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SarahJ

Post by SarahJ »

I rang today and after over half an hour on hold I spoke to someone who sent me the letter straight away on email. She said she’d had several calls already at that point so it does seem some have not gone out/reached people. All sent off now, but I think I’ll call next week to make sure they received it ok.
jimbobjoe321

Post by jimbobjoe321 »

SarahJ wrote:I rang today and after over half an hour on hold I spoke to someone who sent me the letter straight away on email. She said she’d had several calls already at that point so it does seem some have not gone out/reached people. All sent off now, but I think I’ll call next week to make sure they received it ok.
I tried to ring this morning. I was told they would not be able to check the documents are correct or not.As long as you make sure that you upload the documets as they ask for.
pegtastic

Post by pegtastic »

I didn't get the email either. Everyone else from my child's school that has applied for a GS place received it, no problem.

I rang WCC and they sent me the email today, but now I'm worried I've done something wrong along the way - why didn't I receive it initially?

Probably worrying unnecessarily, but honestly, the system is not great at all and not very clear imo.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

pegtastic wrote:I didn't get the email either. Everyone else from my child's school that has applied for a GS place received it, no problem.

I rang WCC and they sent me the email today, but now I'm worried I've done something wrong along the way - why didn't I receive it initially?

Probably worrying unnecessarily, but honestly, the system is not great at all and not very clear imo.
What email provider do you use? Some won't accept anything perceived as spam.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Rugbymumto2

Post by Rugbymumto2 »

Scanned and sent a child benefit letter to both the portal and the email address, he is highly unlikely to get a grammar place but at least we are covered just in case!
jimbobjoe321

Post by jimbobjoe321 »

Rugbymumto2 wrote:Scanned and sent a child benefit letter to both the portal and the email address, he is highly unlikely to get a grammar place but at least we are covered just in case!
Hi, Why is both portal? Should we be asked to upload documents on warwichshire portal or you can send email to them. Do we need to provide to local council if you are not living in warwickshire?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now