Solihull to Alcester grammar travel

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dhanya

Solihull to Alcester grammar travel

Post by Dhanya »

Hello,
Does anyone travel from Solihull to Alcester grammar? Are there any bus options that my DD could potentially use if she gets allotment in Alcester?
ToadMum

Re: Solihull to Alcester grammar travel

Post by ToadMum »

Not in your area, but, employing Mr Google, it looks like about 2 hours by public transport?

06:31 Solihull

Walk

0.6 mi (12 mins)

06:32 Solihull Swimming Baths

49 towards Northfield

07:09 Kings Norton Station (Stop CD)

Walk

213 ft (1 min)

07:19 Kings Norton

West Midlands Trains towards Redditch

07:41 Redditch

Walk

0.2 mi (4 mins)

07:55 Redditch

(Platform H)

247 towards Evesham

08:25 Grammar School

Walk

328 ft (1 min)

08:26 Alcester Grammar School, Birmingham Rd, Alcester B49 5ED

Tickets and information

DIAM◊ND

West Midlands Trains - Buy tickets - +44 344 811 0133

national express West Midlands

Personally, I would consider moving house before naming that one on my CAF.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Rome2Rio agrees - awful journey
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:Rome2Rio agrees - awful journey
And R2R is the site that usually gives the travelling at 3am, completely ignoring any red lights you encounter version for driving times, so it must be grim...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Textbook example of "If I was you, I wouldn't start from here". If you can deliver somewhere on a school bus route (Tanworth or Lapworth for e.g.) maybe, but as a non-Warks resident you wouldn't be high priority for a pass (and you'd have to be able to pick up from there in the evening as well - and hope your child doesn't forget to get off, as the odd one does occasionally :shock: ). My advice is either move to Stratford or don't apply for Alcester.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mike1880 wrote:Textbook example of "If I was you, I wouldn't start from here". If you can deliver somewhere on a school bus route (Tanworth or Lapworth for e.g.) maybe, but as a non-Warks resident you wouldn't be high priority for a pass (and you'd have to be able to pick up from there in the evening as well - and hope your child doesn't forget to get off, as the odd one does occasionally :shock: ). My advice is either move to Stratford or don't apply for Alcester.
Or move to Alcester, presumably?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It’s not a great journey - you do get people doing Solihull to Stratford but getting to Alcester is that bit further. We live the other side of Stratford and didn’t bother applying to Alcester because travel isn’t great unless your starting point is Stratford.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

kenyancowgirl wrote:It’s not a great journey - you do get people doing Solihull to Stratford but getting to Alcester is that bit further. We live the other side of Stratford and didn’t bother applying to Alcester because travel isn’t great unless your starting point is Stratford.
So the answer to.the original question would probably be, No-one in their right mind?
Cecilcaterpillar

Post by Cecilcaterpillar »

There is a school bus that goes from Wythall/ Becketts Farm if you are over that way
Dhanya

Post by Dhanya »

Thanks All.

Alcester is a great school but guess i cannot include it in the list for DD. If i look at the miles from solihull to Alcester grammar on google it is closer to home than sutton coldfield grammar school . But transport is the issue. For sutton i understand that there is a direct private bus that is arranged by parents and starts from solihull. I was trying to see if there is a similar option for Alcester. But looks like there isn't any :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now