Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 4 weeks and counting
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:24 pm 

It’s been very quiet on here - today marks 4 weeks to go before we find out about school places. Anyone know why we didn’t find out the same time Birmingham did?

Post subject: Re: 4 weeks and counting
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:09 pm 

No-one finds out until allocation day - some people can work out whether they will get a place (if you live v near school etc ) but otherwise everyone finds out on the same day

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:47 pm 

hermanmunster wrote:
No-one finds out until allocation day - some people can work out whether they will get a place (if you live v near school etc ) but otherwise everyone finds out on the same day

Actually, I seem to remember that there used to be one LA somewhere in the Midlands(?) which felt that perhaps the Admissions Code applied less to it than to others, which would notify parents the day before?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:54 am 

Solihull releases the e-mails / updates website the evening before, this was useful in that it gave some idea as to the range of cutoffs for the KE schools as quite a few DC from Solihull applied.

Won't be as relevant this time as the KE system has changed - though we might some high scores for OOC children who get places, however might give some idea as to the rest of Warwickshire allocations

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:42 am 

Unfortunately for my ds I will have to break the news that he will probably not get not get into his first choice of KES as he was 2 marks of last years AQS. Even more so now knowing that the AQS will probably increase a few points. I wonder if should go to appeal - he's had a tough year dealing with health issues - i know it was because of these health issues that he probably didn't perform as well as he could have.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:59 am 

Charlize99 wrote:
Unfortunately for my ds I will have to break the news that he will probably not get not get into his first choice of KES as he was 2 marks of last years AQS. Even more so now knowing that the AQS will probably increase a few points. I wonder if should go to appeal - he's had a tough year dealing with health issues - i know it was because of these health issues that he probably didn't perform as well as he could have.

It’s not necessarily going to go up a few points Charlize99. See my post on numbers sitting this year (for Southern priority area). Less children in S. priority sat the exam compared to previous years. Overall numbers sitting also hasn’t really increased.

My post is on page 11 of ‘Warwickshire 11+ results 2020 entry’ - I found the information on FOI disclosure log.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:04 pm 

Dremma wrote:
Charlize99 wrote:

It’s not necessarily going to go up a few points Charlize99. See my post on numbers sitting this year (for Southern priority area). Less children in S. priority sat the exam compared to previous years. Overall numbers sitting also hasn’t really increased.

My post is on page 11 of ‘Warwickshire 11+ results 2020 entry’ - I found the information on FOI disclosure log.

what is FOI?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:07 pm 

FOI is freedom of Information
https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freedomofinformation
Follow this link then click on ‘access to information ‘
Then follow link to online disclosure log.
If you search for ‘grammar’ lots of entries will come up - I think it’s one dated 2/1/2020

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:06 pm 

Dremma wrote:
FOI is freedom of Information
https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freedomofinformation
Follow this link then click on ‘access to information ‘
Then follow link to online disclosure log.
If you search for ‘grammar’ lots of entries will come up - I think it’s one dated 2/1/2020

Thanks for sharing this. I found another interesting excel datasheet. Warwickshire County Council - Freedom of Information request: 5088444.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:39 am 

I feel a bit sick.

Sone was just under last year's AQS for AGS so hopeful may get a place eventually from the waiting list but it's all so uncertain :|