proof of address document-council tax bill

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Gav123

Re: proof of address document-council tax bill

Post by Gav123 »

Dremma wrote:Warwickshire residents had to supply their council tax bill when they first made the school application in October. In December, you then had to supply a proof of address for your child ( e.g. bank statement etc).
Non- Warwickshire residents hadn’t previously supplied their council tax bill in October therefore they had to supply this plus the child’s proof of address in December.
I can’t recall doing this or being asked to do so. I just listed the schools in preference order.

I spoke to admissions earlier who asked me to send a copy of the council tax bill across today (which I did) as they are currently going through the documents supplied. She did assure me not to worry though and said the application wouldn’t be considered late. I may even even have sent it originally but can’t for the life of me remember! I’m so cross with myself as I have been so careful given what happened last year.
Dremma

Post by Dremma »

I agree that it wasn’t that obvious that you needed to attach the council tax bill and it was certainly a different system to 2 years ago when I applied for DS - both proofs of address were asked for in December. At least you’ve been reassured you won’t be considered as late.
Gav123

Post by Gav123 »

Yes, when I went through the process with DS 4 years ago, you had to provide both proofs of address together. I think the main thing they are concerned with is providing the child’s proof of address by December 31st, which I did.

I was told that if any additional documents were required, they were contacting people now. It’s frustrating that their IT system is down today and they couldn’t just confirm what documents I had submitted to put my mind at rest. Like you say though, they have assured me that sending it today will be fine. I’ll be glad when it’s all over!

Thank you for your help!