Waiting list advice 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

elevenplusnewbie

Re: Waiting list advice 2020

Post by elevenplusnewbie »

Offer letters received in post yesterday.
AlwaysHappy

Post by AlwaysHappy »

elevenplusnewbie wrote:Offer letters received in post yesterday.
I hope, it's positive news. Which Local Authority are you in, if I may ask?
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

elevenplusnewbie wrote:Feeling a bit confused. DD scored one point under AQS for SGGS so being offered AGS which was our second choice. Need some advice on waiting lists and if we should try and get into SGGS? Been through the forum and struggling to find info on whether scores below AQS ever get offered for SGGS? Don't want to hold out for something if it's highly unlikely we'll be successful. I think she'll be automatically put on the waiting list as she scored high enough for wait list and hasn't been offered it as her first choice. Not sure how late applicants and geography play a part - if someone scores really highly but isn't in priority area are they higher on waitlist? Any advice appreciated...I find the guidelines from WCC really confusing! Thanks
Not sure if it helps but my DD was 3 points below AQS for SGGS last year and we ended up being 1st on the waiting list Aug/sept time. She did get an offer from the waiting list for AGS in June and she was so happy there that we decided to come off the waiting list for SGGS. Obviously you never know but only being one point below AQS I’d say you have a good chance. Just try and stay positive, everything happens for a reason.
naluk

Post by naluk »

First option was SGGS, DD scored one point less than AQS, we have received status 'Refused' for this school but have been offered for our fourth option. We are within south priority circle. Not sure what Refused status mean? Can we still go on the waiting list. First time experience, please help.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Refused is because you have not been offered a place there. As you are above the minimum wait list score, you should automatically be put on the wait list for this school (and any other school above the school you have been offered assuming you meet their criteria). You may need to check with your local authority that you are automatically added to the Warwickshire wait list (as I am assuming you are not in Warks as they will not issue school places till tomorrow.)
Only1nickyt

Post by Only1nickyt »

naluk wrote:First option was SGGS, DD scored one point less than AQS, we have received status 'Refused' for this school but have been offered for our fourth option. We are within south priority circle. Not sure what Refused status mean? Can we still go on the waiting list. First time experience, please help.
I think you are the 4th person on this forum to post that you are 1 point below AQS for SGGS, there must be a large number of girls on the same score so distance to the school will make a big difference on waiting list positions.
Youngpippa

Post by Youngpippa »

DD 222 Confirmed waiting list place for SGGS...status says 'place requested'..
Sandra24

Post by Sandra24 »

Hi, first time here. Just wondering if anyone can help me. DD got 217 - hoping to go to Alcester, AQS is 217 but offers have gone to distance. We are in catchment but outside the 8.6 miles that has been offered.
So just wondering how do we find out where she is on the waiting list and do we have any hope, does the waiting list move quite a bit?
Appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Dremma

Post by Dremma »

Sandra24 wrote:Hi, first time here. Just wondering if anyone can help me. DD got 217 - hoping to go to Alcester, AQS is 217 but offers have gone to distance. We are in catchment but outside the 8.6 miles that has been offered.
So just wondering how do we find out where she is on the waiting list and do we have any hope!!!
Hi - I think the waiting list places are available on 16th March. She should stand a good chance of getting a place though as she got the AQS, so apart from out of catchment applicants and late applicants scoring higher she should be near the top of the list.
Sandra24

Post by Sandra24 »

Thanks Dremma for coming back. We will have to wait and cross fingers.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now