AGS, KES & SGGS 2020 entry - waiting list positions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kenyancowgirl

Re: AGS, KES & SGGS 2020 entry - waiting list positions

Post by kenyancowgirl »

That isnt what I said...

I suspect they are still 10th and the 136 relates to their total position (ie PAN plus 10 on the wait list.)

I don’t think there has been much movement as the LA have had all the upheaval of sorting out online school/keyworker provision/working from home, understandably
Sandra24

Post by Sandra24 »

Sorry I was responding to the lady before. I was confused about her position potentially moving from 10th to 136!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I don’t believe it has moved. I suspect they have given the total position (pan plus 10th on the w/l) ie 10th on the w/l!
elevenplusnewbie

Post by elevenplusnewbie »

We've just had email confirmation this morning that our position hasn't changed since the initial list on 16th March - we're still at position 5 for SGGS so whilst they say the first reallocation round was happening as planned, I can't see how this can be true if there's been no movement at all in 3 weeks? But then again this process seems to be overly complicated so no doubt someone will now jump in and tell me that's not the case :lol:
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

The movements in the past have mainly occurred when someone decides to take up a private school place that they are holding.

In these uncertain Financial Times, a lot of parents may find that suddenly they do not have the finances to afford private education, or are being even more cautious - it is not surprising to me at all that there has been minimal/no movement. I don’t expect it to be the same as previous years (and in previous years for these three schools, especially KES/SGGS, there was never much movement anyway.)
elevenplusnewbie

Post by elevenplusnewbie »

Sandra24 wrote:Sorry I was responding to the lady before. I was confused about her position potentially moving from 10th to 136!
Think this was an error on LEAs part - PAN is only 120 so that still doesn't make sense.
Only1nickyt

Post by Only1nickyt »

Just had an email - apologising for the error. Still in 10th place as we were on 16th March!
Sandra24

Post by Sandra24 »

What I don’t get is if there is not much movement on the lists anyway, then why go down to six points on the waiting list. For example AGS 217 - waiting list goes down to 211. If there is not much movement then why not go down to 215 for example.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

They know based on historical figures, how many wait list places their “might” be.

They need to set the wait list lowest score at a level that gives them options to fill any spaces (remember, whilst it is unlikely, there may only be one child on 217, one on 216 etc) and set the minimum score at a level below which they are very unlikely to reach AND at a level where they feel a student achieving that score as a minimum will cope ok with the work.

It doesn’t really matter to the school if the wait list does NOT get used at all but it would matter if they didn’t have enough people from the wait list to fill any spaces (as they would lose money.)
Youngpippa

Post by Youngpippa »

Just had offer for DD for AGS she was 2nd on waiting list