AGS, KES & SGGS 2020 entry - waiting list positions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sandra24

Re: AGS, KES & SGGS 2020 entry - waiting list positions

Post by Sandra24 »

elevenplusnewbie wrote:We got an email on Thursday saying we were still at position 1 for SGGS. Friend's child got offered a place at AGS from waiting list last week so you should have moved up the list as there is definitely some movement. Hang in there!

Thank you. Just a bit frustrating as to why they are taking so long to answer an email.
I know it’s not the biggest problem out there but time is ticking on!
Sandra24

Post by Sandra24 »

elevenplusnewbie wrote:We got an email on Thursday saying we were still at position 1 for SGGS. Friend's child got offered a place at AGS from waiting list last week so you should have moved up the list as there is definitely some movement. Hang in there!

Thank you. Just a bit frustrating as to why they are taking so long to answer an email.
I know it’s not the biggest problem out there but time is ticking on!
11plus123

Post by 11plus123 »

Mai I know how good is Stratford girls grammar school in respect to GCSE results compared to KE SCHOOLS in Birmingham? Any ideas are much appreciated!
Youngpippa

Post by Youngpippa »

I believe they're broadly similar with an attainment score of 8. The KE schools score slightly higher at 78.9% and SGGS 78.2%. It varies year on year dependent on cohort.
Sandra24

Post by Sandra24 »

A little bit of update on my DD. She was originally 15 AGS & 42 SGGS and now 11 & 38
So four spaces moved on both waiting lists.
My daughter got the qualifying score for AGS but we live a both further out than specified this year so daughter really upset. Just wondering from anyone that’s been through this before and I know circumstances are different this year. But are things moving really slowly? Does she have a chance? So difficult this year with them not in school and the whole uncertainty about the next school. I feel for everyone out there going through lots of different stuff at the mo. Any help/ advice would be appreciated.
Only1nickyt

Post by Only1nickyt »

Its definitely moving slower this year (for obvious reasons), it appears that they have only done 1 reallocation round so far (the timetable issued originally would have had the 3rd round finishing this week - I think).

I'm very surprised that the movement for SGGS and AGS was exactly the same, normally the movement at AGS is much greater than SGGS. That said everything is very different this year - notwithstanding the current circumstances there was a complete change to the Birmingham Grammars admissions policies which may or may not have had an impact on the Warwickshire Grammars.

In previous years your WL position would have got your daughter a place at AGS (but not SGGS), unfortunately this year is a complete unknown.

Fingers crossed for you (and everyone else waiting for news) x
elevenplusnewbie

Post by elevenplusnewbie »

I'd emailed WCC to ask when the next round of reallocations was due to start and just had a reply saying they won't be adhering to any reallocation round dates and will just offer places as and when any become available now.

As you say, looks like things are very different this year with little movement happening. Guess we just have to keep fingers crossed.
Youngpippa

Post by Youngpippa »

AGS have emailed and asked for place confirmation by 22nd May. So there's a possibility that there'll be further movement from that date if not before. Feel for our children who seem to have been affected by the Covid situation.
Sandra24

Post by Sandra24 »

Sorry youngpippa what does that mean?
Youngpippa

Post by Youngpippa »

Sandra24 wrote:Sorry youngpippa what does that mean?
DD has accepted place at AGS and the school have directly emailed out to parents with a number of forms to complete. They have asked for return by 22nd May so any places not taken up can be relocated. I suspect SGGS will do something similar.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now