AGS, KES & SGGS 2020 entry - waiting list positions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

elevenplusnewbie

Re: AGS, KES & SGGS 2020 entry - waiting list positions

Post by elevenplusnewbie »

For anyone waiting for information on reallocations, Warwickshire Admissions offices and phone lines are currently closed and they have no idea when they will reopen. Anyone looking for updates on school places has been advised to send an email but it sounds as if they have limited staff working so doubtful we'll hear anything soon. :(
Only1nickyt

Post by Only1nickyt »

Got sent this from a friend, received from WCC admissions this morning:

The re-offers and reallocation rounds for Year 7 entry to Secondary school in September 2020 are continuing as planned. Where we need to contact parents/carers regarding the offer a school place, this will be by email in the first instance. This is the easiest way for us to communicate at the moment.

If you have submitted an in year application, for your child, to change school during this academic year, please be advised that this is one of our processes that has been severely affected, especially with the decision made by Government to close schools. Understandably, decisions on these cases will be delayed and children will not be able to move schools at the moment. However, we will contact you as soon as we have any further information about the progress of individual applications.

There will be no further 11+ testing sessions scheduled for the time being, and any new registrations received to sit the test will not be processed at the moment. This applies to children who are in current Year 6 and current Year 7.

We recognise that our service is important to you and appreciate your patience and understanding during this very uncertain time. We are contactable via email and, if your email requires a response, we will try to reply within 5 working days. However, please note that responses may take up to 10 working days at the moment, due to the nature of this situation.
elevenplusnewbie

Has anyone heard of anyone having been offered a place from this reallocation round for any school? We haven't heard of anyone being offered anything yet, including a friend of a friend in at the top of the list.
Sandra24

Post by Sandra24 »

Has anyone heard anything yet? I take it that there is no point in phoning at the mo!
Is there anyone in the school admissions office? Does anyone know? Thanks
elevenplusnewbie

Phone lines closed and they're not replying to emails so as far as I can tell, no way at present of getting any information. I know they said reallocations were taking place as planned but we haven't heard of a single person on any of the waiting lists being contacted and some are at the top so I'm sceptical that anything is happening.
Sandra24

Post by Sandra24 »

Thanks for that. Maybe they don’t have computers, IT, to set up at home!
I know there is more to worry about right now, but hopefully they can get up and running soon.
Only1nickyt

Post by Only1nickyt »

Has anyone heard anything this week? I just received an email in reply to one sent a while ago telling me we were 136th on the SGGS waiting list. We were 10th on the 16th March so either something entirely unprecedented has occurred and DD has moved 126 places down the list or the home working system at WCC admissions is not working very well!!
elevenplusnewbie

WOW! We've heard nothing still. I emailed as I was advised to on 20th March and despite sending a nudge a week later, we've heard absolutely nothing at all... just radio silence. That has to be a mistake surely? I wouldn't mind not hearing anything if only they'd say they were struggling and we wouldn't hear for a few weeks but both their voicemail and website tell you to email and that they'll try and get back to you in 5 days...
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Only1nickyt wrote:Has anyone heard anything this week? I just received an email in reply to one sent a while ago telling me we were 136th on the SGGS waiting list. We were 10th on the 16th March so either something entirely unprecedented has occurred and DD has moved 126 places down the list or the home working system at WCC admissions is not working very well!!
I think from memory Shottery have 120 ish as PAN so it may be they are giving you your total position - possibly you’ve moved down from 10th a few so are now 136th (whereas you were 130ish before if you see what I mean?) It might be their pan is 126 (sorry don’t have their figures to hand) which would mean wait list hadn’t moved at all!
Sandra24

Post by Sandra24 »

Would SGGS even have 136 on their waiting list?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now