Different test dates for Warks and Bham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nervousmom

Re: DIFFERENT TEST DATES FOR WARKS AND BHAM

Post by nervousmom »

Friend just messaged me to say Alcester Admissions is showing date as Saturday 7th November
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

Yes it’s Sat 7th and Sun 8th November - ds’s school sent through a letter signed by all the grammars stating that’s when they intend on it being held but it has to be confirmed by someone higher up I believe. Apologies for not sharing - I assumed it was common knowledge.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I received a reply, eventually , from Ian Budd.

There was no mention of contingency plans if exam needs to be cancelled due to lock down.

There is a plan in place to deal with any children showing symptoms or in isolation, but no details of what will happen to a child who may be suffering a seasonal illness.

He indicated that the separate cohorts marking won't effect anything.

I had a reply back from our MP, Nadhim Zahawi, regarding this issue. He is going to write to Ian Budd, with my concerns. He advised the DfE advice to delay was an advisement not statutory. Their advice for a delay was the end of October.

I have emailed Ian again this morning!

Just got to keep DS motivated !
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Have to say I'm very impressed with Mr Zahawi. I've written to him 3 times in recent months and each time I've received a reply.

Ian Budd's PA has confirmed receipt of my email and confirms they have received letter from Mr Zahawi too!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Today's rise in cases is alarming.

Warwickshire's decision to delay is looking increasingly like they have made a huge mistake. Delaying until November is very concerning and I'm becoming increasingly worried that the new exam date may also have to be delayed.

I feel the exam needs to be sat as soon as possible. Too late now for next week, but i really think it needs to be beginning of October.

If anyone has concerns about this, you need to email the council and express your concerns

Ianbudd@warwickshire.gov.uk
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

nervousmom wrote:Today's rise in cases is alarming.

Warwickshire's decision to delay is looking increasingly like they have made a huge mistake. Delaying until November is very concerning and I'm becoming increasingly worried that the new exam date may also have to be delayed.

I feel the exam needs to be sat as soon as possible. Too late now for next week, but i really think it needs to be beginning of October.

If anyone has concerns about this, you need to email the council and express your concerns

Ianbudd@warwickshire.gov.uk
Take a breath, the rise in cases was the result of activity at the back end of August, hospitalisations and deaths are still very low. In fact we are now well below the five-year average for deaths.

This is an anxious time for everyone, but particularly young people going back to school after up to six months off. We have a duty to try to maintain calm, help them to adjust and not pass on our anxieties to them.

Every single child entering this system is in the same position, there will be a solution even if it is not ideal (see GCSEs and A levels). The school year will recommence again next year and children will need to be allocated to schools.

Control the controllable and try to remain calm about the rest.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Have your ever thought of being a Councillor :lol:

I need a voice of reason :D

I've been involved in this years A level fiasco, which is probably why I'm so concerned about the outcome of this :? How can they allocate places if the exam can't be sat?
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

nervousmom wrote:Have your ever thought of being a Councillor :lol:

I need a voice of reason :D

I've been involved in this years A level fiasco, which is probably why I'm so concerned about the outcome of this :?

Always easier when you aren't heavily invested, I remember the nerves in the 11+ years. Best of luck.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Thanks.

DS just wants to get it over with now. All this not knowing is very unnerving for them
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

But you do know. You have been given the new date, tell him the new date and work towards that, unless you hear otherwise.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now