Testing dates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
darkmuseuk

Testing dates

Post by darkmuseuk »

Has there been any news on the testing dates and locations for this September? We moved house and our redirect is not working so I'm worried we might miss something important if they don't use email with information. Yes, I've told them we moved but I have little confidence in admin function working either!
Gary
nervousmom

Re: Testing dates

Post by nervousmom »

No news yet
Zoot

Post by Zoot »

I am expecting the test to be delayed. On the general 11 plus forum is this post with a link to the gov advice to education authorities suggesting a delay -

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =5&t=60859

This thread shows that many other LAs are delaying the test to October/November

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =5&t=60881

Hopefully we will get some indication in the next few weeks.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Delaying would be a huge mistake.

Especially as the dates being suggested are the same dates being suggested for A level resits!

If the test is delayed it may not get sat at all. It needs to be done as scheduled. Delaying helps no-one
Zoot

Post by Zoot »

I don't think it would be a huge mistake. The process needs to be robust and fair to avoid the potential complaint/legal challenges that could follow if people feel their child has been disadvantaged by being out of full time education.

It seems unusual to be willing to cancel important exams like GCSE and A level - that can be sat again and then run an on time 11 plus that cannot be resat. The poor implementation of the calculated grades for A levels shows that proper considered thought needs to be given to what happens.

A short delay of 4 to 6 weeks shows some flexibility for those children who have not had as much teacher input as normal and still just about fits with the school application process - though if the applications remain on schedule there will be some people who will have to put schools down with no 11 plus score data.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Test in Warwickshire has been moved to NOVEMBER no dates as yet.
smile123

Post by smile123 »

Has this been confirmed as there is nothing mentioned on their website and I can not get through to anyone to confirm this.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It is in the Stratford Herald.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Just had email from Warwickshire. Test Delayed to end Oct beginning November, no date given yet
Leamdad28

Post by Leamdad28 »

Latest update of test moving to Nov from Warwick CC.

https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/news/ar ... rwickshire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now