Proof of address required by 31/12/2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Zoot

Proof of address required by 31/12/2020

Post by Zoot »

In previous years the council have asked for additional proof of address for grammar school applicants in December with a need to get letters from Doctors or bank statements with the childs name on.

Is this happening this year? I have not seen anything but there is also a habit for the emails from the LA to get dumped into spam.
nervousmom

Re: Proof of address

Post by nervousmom »

I've not seen anything yet
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

Yes it is happening - I spoke to the admissions team yesterday about something unrelated and they mentioned the letters will be going out the first week in December.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Email has just arrived regarding proof of address. Deadline 31.12.20

This relates to secondary school admission and mentions that we have listed a warwickshire grammar school
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

I’ve had to send an email because myself and another parent who both live in Worcs didn’t receive the email sent out today :(
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

My sister in law is in Worcs and she didn't get an email yesterday either
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Just spoke to sister in law and they have had their email this morning
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/grammar ... ickshire/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Residency requirements
Warwickshire’s grammar schools have their own, specific residency requirements. At the beginning of December 2020, the Admissions Service will contact all applicants who have applied for at least one Warwickshire grammar school. This correspondence may be in the form of a posted letter or via email with the letter attached so check your junk and spam folders. If you have not received this correspondence from the Admissions Service by Friday, 11 December 2020 then you MUST contact the team as a matter of urgency.

Failure to comply with these residency requirements will mean that your application for all of the Warwickshire grammar schools that you have applied for will be classed as late. The documents which will be requested from you must be received by the Admissions Service by Tuesday, 31 December 2020. Our preferred method of sending is via email - PDF copies will be accepted, as will photographs, as long as they are clear and readable.

If your application for a grammar school is classed as late then your child will not be considered in the first round of offers, which will be released to parents on 1 March 2021. Instead, they will only be considered for an offer from the waiting list, where there are vacancies, and only where the child’s score from the 11+ test meets the minimum score threshold to be placed on the waiting list for the relevant grammar school. Further information about this will be available after 1 March 2021.
Failing to provide valid residency proof causes problems every year. As far as I am aware, it is entirely the applicant's responsibility regardless of whether or not they have received the request. Failure to provide valid proof on time will have grave repercussions.
Leamdad28

Re: Proof of address REQUIRED by 31/12/2020

Post by Leamdad28 »

Hi for my DS i have only an prectription card from Specsavers after his recent appointment will that be sufficient enough or can I call and ask the admission once i sent the same that it is acceptable to them. As i dont have any other document tht they have mentioned in the email.
Zoot

Re: Proof of address REQUIRED by 31/12/2020

Post by Zoot »

Last time I did this we had to ask our optician to write a letter to our daughter to confirm an appointment. We have an NHS letter this year. If I were you I would query if what you have is sufficient with admissions, if not you may have to ask Specsavers to write a letter.